Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JustMe
Yorkshire, UK
JustMe is female  JustMe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 07:23 PM

Re: Sometimes I wish..........

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Seems odd that you would wish for that. Might want to consider a different job if things are that bad? Makes me think how lucky I am to be able to work from home.
you are very lucky indeed to be working from home, I would dearly love that, I'm always looking but all the so called jobs from home I've ever come across are scams

I used to work at a place where at break times it could be guaranteed that someone would get bitched about when only a few moments ago they were having a laugh with that very same person!! I'm not into bitching and used to just sit quietly thinking to myself I think I'll get up and walk out now then they can bitch about me, once I even said 'don't be too harsh on me whilst I'm gone now girls' haha, would love to know what they said after I'd closed the door lmao

Try not to get caught up in it because believe me they'll drag you in if you allow it. If what they are doing makes you feel uncomfortable make an excuse to leave the room.
JustMe
Yorkshire, UK
JustMe is female  JustMe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 07:25 PM

oops I forgot to add.......please don't ever wish ill health on yourself, I see my sister suffer daily and it really is not nice. Like someone here said, perhaps its time to change jobs.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 08:34 PM

I use to try and stay away from people like that at work also ... but it became impossible ... the lies very hurtful, it got to a point for me where i had to leave after 11 years of working for the company , if you dont join in you become a target... I regret leaving my job but not the people
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:10 PM

I always preferred to work with men, you don't get that bitchiness.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
I always preferred to work with men, you don't get that bitchiness.
Might not have bitchiness so much with men but you can still have a terrible clash of personalities.

I used to work with a guy who was above me and he was the opposite in temperament and everything else to me. I used to tense up just being close to him and felt like bashing him all the time. He knew it too. Just could not abide the man at all.

There are quite a few others I have come across that I react to in a similar manner. It doesn't make for a happy working environment.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:32 PM

My stays in hospital before were short and sweet so that is what makes it so appealing. But of course you are all right about not wanting to get seriously sick or disabled. I don't know what true suffering and sickness is yet.
I work at nights when we are often stuck at a loose end with nothing to do. (its a hostel and we are caretakers, support workers). I ignore my colleague at my own peril. (in my view) but as you say "stand up for yourself" and walk out of the room. I fear the consequences for some reason.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:34 PM

You should have bashed him MKJ! I'm not a "people person" was it Freud who said "Hell is other people". I think men behave better if women are around but, not vice-versa.
I think being in hospital is a bit like being on a plane, no matter what else is going on in your life you're not in a position to do anything about it, so it's a kind of safe haven if you like.
Duckie
Australia
Duckie is male  Duckie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
I use to try and stay away from people like that at work also ... but it became impossible ... the lies very hurtful, it got to a point for me where i had to leave after 11 years of working for the company , if you dont join in you become a target... I regret leaving my job but not the people
That's exactly how I feel. To leave a secure job is not easy.
Duckie
Australia

30-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
You should have bashed him! I'm not a "people person" was it Freud who said "Hell is other people". I think men behave better if women are around but, not vice-versa.
I'm not sure who said it but he or she was right.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2013, 10:03 PM

I worked with many people, I now work for myself alone, at times to be alone is heaven, but you are stuck with your own preconceptions, so it may be good to be among folks of varying opinions, and retreat to alone just when it suits.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top