Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Lotto winner blasts politicians.

NEW Lotto millionaire Kevin Geoghegan was still on the tear yesterday, declaring: You don’t hit the jackpot every day.
The lucky dad-of-three looked none the worse for the previous night’s partying as he toasted his good fortune in pubs around his Westmeath home town.
And while he let slip plans to share his bonanza joy, Kevin was revelling in the fact that the Government won’t get one cent of his tax-free winnings.
He gloated: “They’re getting nothing off me, the b*****ds, and I’m delighted.” Kevin and partner Carol Loran, 39, scooped the €10.5million jackpot on Wednesday night after buying a €4 Quickpick ticket between them.
News of the popular couple’s win went down a storm in Mullingar.
Kevin, 46, told the Irish Sun: “We’ve had a few beers and a bit of craic and we’re still carrying on today.
“It doesn’t happen to ordinary people every day, so it’s a good thing.”
The down-to-earth divorcee, who works at local firm Trend Technologies, has already insisted his stroke of good fortune will not change him.
And he has vowed to “look after the nearest and dearest first”. He revealed: “My mother’s a star.
“My father died when he was 42, she had ten kids, the eldest probably would have been 19. She’s carried the can all the way and done an unbelievable job.
“I’m just lucky, she’s the real star. She’s going to be number one looked after in all this.
“My mother should be in the paper, not me. She’s the real hero here.”
Kevin also told how he is still coming to terms with his new fame — having been courted by chatshow host Brendan O’Connor.
He said: “I could’ve been on the telly tonight — you know the fella on the Saturday Night Show? He asked me to go on that show and I said no.
“I’m just having a few beers and a bit of craic.”
And the 8million/1 odds beater didn’t hold back about finally getting one over on the country’s tax-grabbing politicians.
Kevin fumed: “I’ve worked hard all my life, 27 years in the one job. The harder I work, the more the b*****ds take off me. I’m an ordinary Joe Soap working me b*****ks off and everything I do, they take more off me.
“I hate them fat b*****ds up in the Dail. They’re all scumbags. They don’t give a f**k about the ordinary person.
“They do nothing only sit on their f***ing arses every day, drink and eat the best of everything and reef taxpayers.
“Sometimes my passion overflows, but that’s what I think of them.
“They’re getting nothing off me, because it’s tax free, and I’m delighted.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Re: Lotto winner blasts politicians.

What the heck is 'craic'?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 10:01 PM

A legitimate form of Crack I would guess.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Hasn't this chap ever heard of social cohesion.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
What the heck is 'craic'?
Craic is the old Gaelic word for 'Fun' Mark, it is pronounced 'Crack', the Irish immigrants used the word in America and it became part of everyday life, "A wise crack' , a smart joke, another crack like that and I'll burst you. etc.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
NEW Lotto millionaire Kevin Geoghegan was still on the tear yesterday, declaring: You don’t hit the jackpot every day.
Well that's his 15 minutes of fame over, now shut up and spend your money.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 05:08 AM

Politicians don't take money off of us to line there own pockets..........not all of it anyway !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 08:25 AM

Aaahhhhh but if he banks it, it will attract capital gains or income tax. Whatever he spends his money on will attract VAT, so he's wrong, the Government will benefit from his benificence.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Good for him - hope it changes a few lives fer the better .....
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Good on 'im! I'd be happy to win 10 thousand never mind 10 mill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top