Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:04 AM

Re: Thread up

In your opinion ,what makes for a "good" thread? and how can a thread be viewed as such.
Any thread that a number of members find interesting and in which they wish to take part .

Not all members wish to discuss the same thing and that is fine, we don't all like to eat the same things do we.

I will talk about almost anything except football
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:06 AM

Thats right - you cant say what makes a 'good' thread - one will think so - another wont .....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:17 AM

From reading the responses I now think I should have avoided the terms good & bad.
I can't remember what I was looking for & have sullied the water unintentionally.
bashybash
middlesex
bashybash is female  bashybash has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:52 AM

i think meg is right,we are all differnt.if im not interested in a thread,i stop reading it.
i can be smutty and i can be serious,all depends on what thread im posting on.
enjoy your day xx
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 12:02 PM

The way I look at it is some folks like to bite big and others just like to nibble, although some threads that you wouldn't think interesting become better as they go along, thanks to the various posts of other members, maybe I shouldn't have said 'Better' either, but you know what I mean. I always liken threads to people starting off a conversation in a pub with several others sitting down and relaxed, whatever that person is saying I will listen to the end, if I know nothing about the subject, or it doesn't interest me I keep my mouth shut, take Ladies bra's for example, some woman might say, aiming the question to any other women present, "Has any of you tried the new 'Invisible Bra'?", that's my Q to pick up the newspaper and consult the racing pages, but as they continue to talk something might pop up (or out) that makes me interested and then I will say something, usually something stupid, but I don't mind if they laugh, I love to see folks laugh, God knows there's enough misery about.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Me too .......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:24 PM

Wiki
A prude (Old French prude meaning honourable woman) [1] is a person who is described as (or would describe themselves as) being concerned with decorum or propriety, significantly in excess of normal prevailing community standards.
Oops. So I take it most of you didn't like my thread - 'A Runner's Life'.

I have a wicked sense of humour and bugger all shocks me, especially when it comes to bodily functions. Must admit I laugh a lot at my own posts for some reason.

Don't read this if you are a prude:

A Runner's Life

As for creating a popular post I was a master at this on a particular forum. My posts used to run sometimes in the hundreds of replies.

Basically if you have the audacity you post something as a wind up - a challenge to someone's beliefs, or maybe a version of an existing idea but one where you have altered it so your own viewpoint is tainted with your own arrogant ideals. Arrogance gets people's backs up like nothing else. Everyone wants to bring you down and if they can't they can end up practically frothing at the mouth trying .

I will say though that I don't do this anymore and I'm pretty sure such an approach wouldn't work here anyways as there are too many very intelligent people that can see when they are being suckered. But you never know I might have another go at some point in time if things get a bit boring around here .

Oh I will also say I was banned numerous times too .
bashybash
middlesex
bashybash is female  bashybash has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:27 PM

ill read your thread a runners life.when i can.what section is it in?xx
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2013, 01:28 PM

'Dignity' defines the word prude to me... nothing wrong with dignity at all....
As for your thread 'Runners Life' Haven't even taken a 'peek' at it ......
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
'Dignity' defines the word prude to me... nothing wrong with dignity at all....
As for your thread 'Runners Life' Haven't even taken a 'peek' at it ......
Don't if I were you .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top