Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 12:16 PM

You can keep your caves men!

I had a plan today, I was determined to not have a nap as usual. I would try to paint the house walls inside the "porch" (it will never get finished)

I found out some old clothes and rolled around on the bed trying to put my old leggings on. Wore me out before I started! Got my wrist splints ready, I remember all the decorating I used to do, so I psyched myself up,

"You can do this!"

Well, my outhouse is the type where you open the door and throw things in, if you're lucky they land in a shelf or against a wall.

I found a large tin of white emulsion tucked away, gave it a yank and brought down an old cd player, a tray, some oasis bricks, a large piece of polystyrene insulation which should be attatched to the ceiling and several dead (I hoped) spiders.

Then, I looked in the cupboard for brushes, you know the ones that are always in my cupboard, nope, vases, yes, pots, yes, various useful cables and more spiders.

I found, whilst rummaging through a bucket on top if another cupboard, a packet of fat balls! Oooo I' ll keep those out! The packet broke sending them all over the floor and mostly behind the two strimmers in the corner, tangled together and probably useless!

No brushes! But there was some Paint and Grain! I wonder if it's still usable?

Too tired by then to do anything, so nap time!

I'm leaving the leggings on, not going through that trauma again!

Itchy now! Crawly things everywhere!

Keep your sheds and outhouses men, I don't like 'em!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Re: You can keep your caves men!

TessA you poor thing, and where were all the men when you needed help.....probably down the pub!
Look on the bright side, if you didn't have so many spiders in that shed, it could have been alive with maggots
Now have a good nap and remember, painting in the nude is a good idea, because you can easily shower off the emulsion spillages.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:23 PM

If TessA is going to paint in the nude Twink, I would happily go and help her.
I would do the same of course so she needn't feel shy about it.
Have paint brush.
Can travel!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:27 PM

Ooeer Twink ...are you telling us you decorated with all your bits hanging out?

Have a rest TessA ... outhouses and sheds should be left to fester and accumulate muck and dust. Anything else is just not a real shed!

Last time I did mine I discovered baby mice living there .. and called a halt so as not to disturb the little things.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:29 PM

It's too flippin' cold to do anything on the nude! I even keep me thermals on to shower!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:38 PM

The thing about sheds is you have to put in as many shelves as you can at the beginning Twiz, up high and at waist level, lower shelves are a back breaker and should be avoided except for heavy things you seldom use, put them in before you even put a jam jar into it, once you have rows of shelves, long ones, short ones, wide ones and a few narrow ones, you are able to have some sort of organised confusion, when you spend enough time in your shed you then get into the habit of knowing where everything is when you need it, it all works great for me until I'm out and the wife goes to the shed to find something, when I get back the shed is upside down and she stands there moaning "How in the name of God can you find anything out there?" Women and sheds just don't get on somehow.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:43 PM

Thank you for making me laugh, Tess.

I've been there, I've done it all.

It's nice to know that I am not the only Victor Meldrew impersonator!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-04-2016, 01:45 PM

I have lots of shelves and cupboards Jem!

Trouble is none of them work!

...and someone's nicked me brushes! I don't believe it! shock:

T'was a nice nap though!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's too flippin' cold to do anything on the nude! I even keep me thermals on to shower!
If it is that cold can I suggest you go to a charity shop and pick up a cheap pair of old PJs to do your painting in. That way you can either wash them for next time or throw them in the bin... but I wouldn't try to fight your way back into those leggins... they seem to have the upper hand!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-04-2016, 01:50 PM

I'll try again tomorrow!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top