Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 01:47 PM

Leak from an outside pipe?

I have noticed water outside which is coming from what appears to be an overflow pipe. Thing is where does this pipe go or come from? Do all houses have a tank in the attic? I have had new central heating put in - less than 2 yrs old - and the big hot water tank has long gone. The leaking pipe has always been there so I can't see how it could be a part of the new system?

As I'm on a water meter I think I had better get it sorted.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 01:57 PM

Re: Leak from an outside pipe?

Mark have you checked the loo, the stop valve may not be working properly and causing an overflow.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mark have you checked the loo, the stop valve may not be working properly and causing an overflow.
Will take a look now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Will take a look now.
Mark flush the loo and watch the cistern filing, if it is the valve you should be able to see it continuing to fill once up to the line and overflowing into the pipe.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-04-2016, 02:01 PM

Well done Meg. The pipe leads to the cistern. Looks like I have a problem with the valve there. Saves me going up the attic .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

29-04-2016, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well done Meg. The pipe leads to the cistern. Looks like I have a problem with the valve there. Saves me going up the attic .
Mark you should be able to adjust the valve that operates the stop cock if it is an older type loo .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 02:02 PM

That was my first thought, so glad it's an easy one to sort out.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 02:27 PM

Well done Meg the plumber
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
That was my first thought, so glad it's an easy one to sort out.
Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Well done Meg the plumber
Yes well done both

Now, who wants to tackle my washbasin ? and can I have underfloor heating too ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

29-04-2016, 02:42 PM

I got bloody soaked. Thought to fit a new rubber washer and took the valve apart which meant water was squirting everywhere. I hadn't realised but the plunger had fallen out of the value. When I tried to fit it all together again the water kept on coming. After repeated attempts with water having squirted everywhere - wall, floor, including up my sleeve - I realised something was missing. I found it after fishing in the bottom of the tank.

Sorted now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top