Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:08 PM

Re: Bath

Got rid of my bath and had a large shower cubicle fitted instead. Never regretted it, just love my shower.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We do have a shower over the bath but we never take baths just showers and its a hassle climbing in and out of the bath just to have a shower!!
I got rid of the bath because it was never used once the kids were in their teens and, as you say climbing over the edge of the bath is a bugger as you get older.

The only time I have had a bath in 50 years was when I stayed with a cousin in the UK. Even worse his bathroom had carpet! What on earth is that about?

Feel dirtier after a bath, all that wallowing in dirty, soapy water.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 06:23 AM

Im shower only, fine for a quick splosh, but do miss having a bath for a long soak to ease aches and pains.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:04 AM

I wonder how easy it is to get out of a hot tub?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder how easy it is to get out of a hot tub?
Very easy!

Getting rid of your bath appeals to the older generation for obvious reasons, but not to families with young children. If you ever want to sell your house, you'll reduce your market.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:44 AM

My primary school was close to a 'migrant hostel' where ten-pound poms and their offspring were housed until something better was found.
(Horrible place .... ex-military barracks).

Relevance ?
A lot of those Pommy kids went to my school for a while.
Everybody "knew" that Poms rarely bathed.
So why care about bathrooms ?

Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:54 AM

We have a bath downstairs with shower over for visitors to use, we never can't get in too ruddy old.
A walkin shower in our bedroom en-suite, and small vanity en-suite in the visitors room, But thinking of having a shower in there and using the bathroom as a utility room laundry.
I don't know how old you are Tony but suggest if it has to be done go for the walkin, very useful and as someone as send a good blind is cheaper than changing the window.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
.... a good blind is cheaper than changing the window.
Or ..... just flaunt it !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:02 AM

My sister got rid of her bath and installed a 'wet room' rather than a shower cubical.
I think it is a great idea and wish I could afford to do the same.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:11 AM

I notice the Australian humour (or is it just inappropriateness?) could do with a good wash!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top