Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:14 PM

Finished at last

Those who have been following our progress after moving into this house will know what has been involved to get it back as it should be. It has taken 2 years almost, apart from my lengthy time in hospital and op recovery, to sort everything out.

We have now FINISHED Yippee.

for those who don't know here is a brief list of jobs done

New central heating boiler and radiators /heated towel rails
New main bathroom
Window handle gear boxes replaced
4 aerials off roof replaced with one and sat dish
2 log stores taken down and greenhouse in place of one
Conservatory replaced from dwarf wall up
2 new electric garage doors
new carpets throughout
every room redecorated
Large front brick drive cleaned and resanded
House gutters cleaned
Kitchen 5 ring oven professionally cleaned and extractor
new lounge lights and others replaced where needed
garage electrics sorted
lawn moss removed about 20 wheelie bins full
4 huge oak trees looked at and dead wood removed
replace back metal gate with solid wood one

The previous owners had it left to them by the old lady who owned it as they had moved in and looked after her. Consequently they had not made any effort to do any work on the place

Now

back with old conservatory and new green house

One site of old log store

behind paved over

One of old log stores I took down

other on side of house log store

removed

Garden stripped of moss
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:26 PM

Re: Finished at last

Well done Bazza not bad considering how poorly you were at one stage.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:47 PM

Meg

Thank you so much for appreciating the above during all this time

On my health problem

It wasn't until I got home and some time afterward Sue told me the DR's took her to one side and prepared her for the worst, and they were going to take me into intensive care If I didn't show signs of improvement. I knew while on the hospital bed I was pretty ill but not that bad.

Strangely enough I never even gave it a thought of not going home at some stage and the hospital staff obviously would not tell me anyway.

I got no indication like traffic lights Green you are going to be ok, Amber yes or no undecided, and Red that your lot.

Having said that getting the greenhouse done beforehand which took many weeks site clearing etc I must have had some premonition that it had to get done straight away.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:08 PM

Looks really lovely
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

21-06-2016, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Looks really lovely
Thank you very much. as you were not a member here during most of that time I posted on the work progress on a regular basis with photos

On every project from the beginning I decided to keep a photographic record of everything as the mind soon forgets.

The main bathroom before ripped out

During

finished

his also included a new shower pump in the loft
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:42 PM

Looks good.
I followed your other posts on your progress.
Very impressive, especially so as you've been poorly.

Btw. Liked your boat/yachts photos.
I'm really in to boats and have owned a few, not for a while now, unfortunately.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 11:46 PM

That looks real nice.
But what a lot of work!
The brick drive looks brand new.
Well done!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

22-06-2016, 12:01 AM

thank you as well Tpin and Lmboys.
Yes it was quite a journey getting this place back to what it should be as you well know.
The question is, if we had known the amount of work needed would we still have bought it?
having got caught up in the mad house buying here in the South east of England the answer is yes. on one day previous we were booked to view 4 houses. The first on the list the agent called us on the way to and said the vendors had withdrawn their house as they couldn't find anywhere. The next two I would not have kept a rat in and the last was sold that day before we even got there.

Even though we were cash buyers with nothing to sell we could not find anywhere we liked in our price range. Then up popped this house on the internet and i liked the look straight away even though it cost more than we really wanted to spend. So we dropped all our plans and rushed down to East Sussex from Sutton in Surrey the same day. This house had only been on the market 3 days and already 2 other families had viewed with another booked for the next weekend in 2 days time. yes it was that mad to find somewhere.

As cash buyers we said yes after looking around the house and grabbed it there and then, said to the agent the vendors had to take it off the market that same day.

So here were are and as happy as a beatle in horse manure

The drive took three days to clean with a pressure washer and another week or so to resand as gaps needed redoing every so often. it was full of weeds in the joints and looking grey when we took the place over
with the back garden paths the next door neighbour didn't know they existed even though he had often been popping in

Sue worked her magic and turned this 2nd main bedroom from this old fashioned look as it was

Into what I think is far better. What the grand daughters wanted colour wise. Built in cupboard out of camera view

she has done the same in the other 3 bedrooms as well as well
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Thank you very much. as you were not a member here during most of that time I posted on the work progress on a regular basis with photos

On every project from the beginning I decided to keep a photographic record of everything as the mind soon forgets.

The main bathroom before ripped out

During

finished

his also included a new shower pump in the loft

Thank you for that A lot of hard work. Not sure I could do renovation anymore. Did so many in my younger days. Well done though. You can sit back and enjoy now.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 08:56 AM

It all looks very nice. I wish you many more happy years in your lovely home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top