Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 04:46 PM

Re: Best Carpet Cleaner/Washer ?

So what do you do Malcolm? Dot scatter rugs over the dirty bits?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 05:00 PM

I was told when buying a carpet last year that the scotchguard treatment is long used on carpets and furniture. It was found to contain a toxic substance linked to cancer and was also dangerous to the environment.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 05:03 PM

Wouldn't surprise me Meg ... some of those cleaning chemicals are lethal.
Ask any professional carpet cleaner. They all have red bleary eyes, runny noses and raspy chests.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 08:34 PM

I rate the Bissell pro heat very highly,it`s light and cleans well. My carpets are on the list of things to replace once the kitchen is done but until then these very old things do look better after a shampoo.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 03:25 AM

You can't get cleaner carpets than mine. I pulled them all up, threw them away, sanded and varnished the boards, now all I have to do is sweep or vacuum occasionally and splash a bit more estapol about every 10 years or so. Easy
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:20 AM

A few months ago, I bought a Vax V-124A Dual V Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer (£149 + £17 for the cleaning fluid). I have only used it once so far. I thought it worked well and left the carpets fairly dry. I intend to use it again before too long.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So what do you do Malcolm? Dot scatter rugs over the dirty bits?
We don't have any dirty bits Morti
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
We don't have any dirty bits Morti

How do you keep your carpets clean then Malcolm?

I've got an image of you making all your visitors wear overshoes!!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 09:56 PM

We used to have a neighbour on the mainland who was obsessed with keeping her carpets and floors clean. In the front porch there were about a dozen pairs of shoes. Open the front door and there was a clear plastics runner. turn right into their lounge and there was a piece of runner in front of the chairs and sofa.

Go to the back door to see them, and you had to stand outside in front of the kitchen door opening! Her blue and white tiled floor was gleaming. I went in a couple of times and joked about spuds in my socks.

Once her husband came over one night. Come in David I said, but don't take your shoes off, the carpets will make your socks filthy as we only clean the carpets every five years. (once a year actually). His face was a picture.

I must say the Toolstation's 5L cleaning fluid is cheap and is far better than the overpriced VAX stuff.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top