Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Bathroom project

Been out to Homebase and B&Q, but only managed to choose a tile colour for the walls! Can't put a pic up, as it was taking an age.

(Look at B&Q...white mosaic wall tile.)

Got the tiler/plasterer expected at 7 this evening to quote, but not heard from the electrician.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 06:20 PM

Re: Bathroom project

Tilers should be between £17.50-£23.00 per sq mtr. With a min charge if 4 sq mtr.
Any more than that I'd be questioning the price.

Plastering?
Are you boarding? If so all that is needed is dot and dab, no actual plastering unless you are not tiling complete walls.

Hope you enjoy your new bathroom
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 06:43 PM

Thanks Tpin. He's quoting for tiling the walls, just skimming the ceiling, to go over the damage from leak above, the quote of which I intend emailing to landlord of the flat so he can pay it, and possibly tiling the floor.

I shall get plenty more quotes, ie for vinyl or carpet, neither of which he does.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 07:45 PM

Hope all goes well Jazzi. If you need any advice on the plumbing side of things feel free to pm me although it sounds like you are just re-tiling/decorating.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top