Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 04:14 AM

Re: Problems with A Vax Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.

About time you sorted her out about that, mate.

Similar deal here. I retired in 1998. Wife carries on and is a bloody good earner.
Hence the household 'help'.
Windy Woo
New Member!
UK
Windy Woo is female 

30-07-2017, 01:45 PM

Hi, I have the same cleaner and it's now out of its warranty, so can't be returned. I love the cleaner but it's so difficult to push now, is there a solution please?
Windy Woo
New Member!
UK
Windy Woo is female 

30-07-2017, 01:48 PM

I have the same problem with my vax but it's out of warranty, what's the solution for the wobbly wheels. I love the vax otherwise.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Find a local appliance mechanic, and avoid Vax so-called customer service....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 04:21 PM

i suppose the vax of the matter is that it is no longer a push pull machine
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2017, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Windy Woo ->
I have the same problem with my vax but it's out of warranty, what's the solution for the wobbly wheels. I love the vax otherwise.
I'm sure OGF will be along soon to advise.

Welcome Windy Woo.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Hello Windy Woo and welcome to the forum......

The reason for your Vax cordless Vacuum being hard to push is as you have discovered, the plastic housing that supports the wheel has broken and allows the wheel to push against the guard above, this acts as a brake.

The solution is to drill and tap the shaft and secure it to the body of the machine to stop it moving. The wheel will still happily rotate on the end of the shaft. I have made this modification, first to one side, and then later to the other when that one went wobbly also. It's been about a year now, and touch wood, it's still working perfectly.

At around £250 they are too expensive for them only to last about twelve months, so I was determined to find a solution. I can provide step by step instructions to anyone who has the engineering experience sufficient to carry out the work, or alternatively, I would be pleased to make the modification if you brought the machine to me. That's about the best I can do Windy....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Don't you PAY people to clean and do that sort of stuff - and supply their own gear ??

Haven't used a broom, vacuum cleaner or a lawnmower (or washed a car) in decades.
I used to work as a house cleaner I never supplied my own anything, that's down to the customer. Lucky really as I used to arrive by bus I'd have been in trouble taking my own equipment

Much prefer office cleaning though, the offices are far easier and less complaining.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Mrs LDs tells me that she once had a vacuum cleaner (can't remember the make) that kept breaking down due to a belt snapping. this happened several times until she complained and had a visit from a company rep. He asked her how often she used it to which she replied 'once a day.'

'Ah, that's the problem' he said. 'You are using it too much'.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mrs LDs tells me that she once had a vacuum cleaner (can't remember the make) that kept breaking down due to a belt snapping. this happened several times until she complained and had a visit from a company rep. He asked her how often she used it to which she replied 'once a day.'

'Ah, that's the problem' he said. 'You are using it too much'.

He's sort of right if you Hoover every day you are supposed to buy a commercial machine that's designed to work long hours and more than twice a week. Can't beat the Henry range for that, or numatics.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top