Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2010, 07:16 PM

Re: Paint pads for painting walls - better than rollers?

Good luck Azz! I liked painting with paint pads, but once used and cleaned they didn't work so well a second time. Mind you, I didn't pay a lot for them.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

25-09-2010, 07:44 PM

:
Originally Posted by Azz ->
lol u nutta

I haven't started yet - just about to tho... I ended up getting 'lemon ice' and 'soft sunlight' as I couldn't decided between the two - so bought testers for both. Btw they are on offer at the mo - two for £20 instead of £15 each! That was a nice surprise as it doesn't show on their website (B&Q).

Will let you know what I end up going with

LOL

Nutta ! ............. Moi ? ......... How very dare you ?

Pppfffttttt ......... ** huffs puffs and struts her stuff ** ....... ( LOLOL )

Hhhmmm ......... Both colours sound nice ...... Good idea to get tester pots ........ Some silly bugga`s dont .........

......... and end up hating the colour they chose after painting the whole room

Ta for the heads up on the offers ......... Handy to know ...........
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 08:59 PM

Well I finished!

Pads are sooooooooo much cleaner than rollers - because they don't splatter everywhere you don't need to cover all the carpet/furniture up. I ended up doing the whole room in one session - was planning on doing half the following day. Gave all walls around 2 coats.

Here's what it looks like in late afternoon daylight:

And here's what it looks like at night with the lamps on... nice and warm! (much better than my egg blue that was always so 'cold'!)

Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

26-09-2010, 09:39 PM

Looks lovely and fresh Azz , but from what I can see the lamp is on in both of those pics

Btw ........ Dont really think you need the halved onion for just emulsion paint ......... It comes into its owm with gloss though .......... The halved onion absorbs all the smell and turns it a funny colour ........ Weird looking ....Try it sometime .......
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 10:02 PM

Lol well spotted - I edited the pic to give the tones for the time of day

I will give the gloss a miss thanks - strong chemical smells usually give me a headache
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 10:14 PM

Looks good Azz ....I like the colour too.

BTW did you have to tidy your desk for the photo?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

26-09-2010, 10:27 PM

Lol no, that's how I plonked everything back on it
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 10:28 PM

Jobs a goodun Azz
sheevee
New Member!
West Midlands
sheevee is female 

10-11-2010, 03:19 PM

I've got one of the paint roller runners that are sometimes advertised on TV. Trouble is the rats/mice ate the foam around the roller when I stored it in the shed. In theory they should be less messy as you put the paint in the centre of the roller and when you come to clean up you just keep pouring water through the centre of the roller until it comes clean. Don't think I would trust it enough not to cover everything up though. Someone also told me that they can get quite heavy if you fill right up with paint.

Have used rollers in the past and they do spray out quite a lot. The pads don't spray out as much as the rollers but take longer.

I usually line the paint tray with foil or cling film to save having to clean it out. Also wrap brushes in clingfilm at the end of each session which keeps them fresh and ready to start again next time.
sheevee
New Member!
West Midlands
sheevee is female 

10-11-2010, 03:22 PM

Just noticed that you have already done the job and it looks really great. Nice and calm and fresh.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top