Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2010, 11:37 PM

Re: The art of mice catching!!

LOL, Alicat, Leia isn't for rent, although I know she'd enjoy a hunting visit to you! I'm always so surprised how small they are too. We once had a RAT and she did a completely different job with it, no playing around, just a quick nape bite and a dead rat. Have a pic of that too, might be a bit unnerving to some if I posted it....??? For a gentle house cat she's a really good mouser if I say so as shouldn't.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Dandysmom I want your cat! How much will you rent Leiah out to me for Mice are very small aren't they! I didn't realise they were so small, you've got no chance of keeping them out if you don't have any defences. No doubt rats are bigger.
My brother reckons they can get through a gap smaller than your little finger they can certainly squeeze through the gap under many doors, especially those on outbuildings which are usually not a close fit.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
My brother reckons they can get through a gap smaller than your little finger they can certainly squeeze through the gap under many doors, especially those on outbuildings which are usually not a close fit.
I got a Pest Controller out about six months ago to do a survey on our house, it only cost £35 for him to come over and give you advice looking at your property, anyway he said mice could get in under our garage door. Weve got to put stuff under it and the name of what the stuff is called has completely escaped my mind! I must get some once I remember what it is.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 05:00 PM

I am phobic about mice, but we did have one in the house once and used a humane trap, which did the business. I didn't ask, or want to know, how my husband eventually disposed of it.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
I am phobic about mice, but we did have one in the house once and used a humane trap, which did the business. I didn't ask, or want to know, how my husband eventually disposed of it.

I'm the same as you quetta, the trouble is my husband doesn't like killing anything at all. which is a nuisance as you can't rely on him to take control! He's useless at catching spiders, he picks them up trying not to harm them and half the time he drops them and they run away
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2010, 08:49 PM

Aaaaayugh! I could no more touch a spider than fly to the moon! A quick stomp does it!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I'm the same as you quetta, the trouble is my husband doesn't like killing anything at all. which is a nuisance as you can't rely on him to take control! He's useless at catching spiders, he picks them up trying not to harm them and half the time he drops them and they run away
As far as I am concerned a dead mouse/rat is a good one. I suspect my husband released the creature without dispatching it, he is a wuss!
Dancingsky
None

06-10-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Aaaaayugh! I could no more touch a spider than fly to the moon! A quick stomp does it!
I will report you to the spider protection society of which I am the founder and probably only member! I LOVE spiders, I have owned two tarantulas. The other day we had a HUGE regular spider wandering around the sitting room floor, it was lovely. My husband and son would only come down from the curtain rails when I picked it up and removed it from he room! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell them I released it in the lobby!
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-10-2010, 12:22 PM

I will report you to the spider protection society of which I am the founder and probably only member! I LOVE spiders, I have owned two tarantulas. The other day we had a HUGE regular spider wandering around the sitting room floor, it was lovely. My husband and son would only come down from the curtain rails when I picked it up and removed it from he room! Shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell them I released it in the lobby!
My God quetta, you're amazing! Fancy loving SPIDERS! I don't mind small ones, but those BIG ones, especially TARANTULAS I'm with your husband and son. I think I would have to divorce you if I was married to you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2010, 01:15 PM

I am phobic about mice, but we did have one in the house once
I can absolutely guarantee that if you saw one, there will be another around somewhere, he may have legged it when you nabbed his mate but for certain they never live alone.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top