Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 02:06 AM

Living/Bedroom/Toilet

Rather like the idea of having my Living Room upstairs and Bedroom downstairs. Lovely views

Anyone have this arrangement?

Would you have a downstairs Clear Glass Window Toilet? Apparently some folk are doing this! Not a pretty sight!

Rainbow x
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Re: Living/Bedroom/Toilet

A toilet with a clear glass window?, are they serious?.
Thats funny, view as you poo!.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2011, 07:12 PM

I wouldn't mind... so long as it was private
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
A toilet with a clear glass window?, are they serious?.
Thats funny, view as you poo!.

I suppose simply because it is something different. Cannot see it becoming popular or the norm!

Rainbow x
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2011, 01:13 PM

No reason to not have living room upstairs. I've seen this arrangement in houses where it makes the most of spectacular views. And as I like a cool bedroom and heat rises, it makes sense!
marilyno07
Gloucestershire
marilyno07 is female  marilyno07 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Its great if you have a wonderful view - and not overlooked.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2011, 12:13 PM

I have lived in an upside down house, also a sort of house blasted out of the side of a quarry face, entrance from the field / garden, drive above, drive in garage or entrance hall, then splt level interior, glass front with some angled glass, all one way looking out and coloured to match the slate of the quarry if you looked up from the quary bed some 40 meters below, which was a public area, no one complained not even the planners and it won awards after it was finished, we even allowed people to come in and look around, some from the other side of the world. Although very labour and machinery intensive, to forinstance create a cave, drill in and fix electricity, gas, water, drainage and waste outlets. Once done it done. No painting or decorating, Unspoilt views across land, sea and sky. Easy to warm via solar and wind power. My favorite bit was a spring water fall, which after testing was excellent to drink and was our only water supply, we still had to pay for it though, never could get my head around that one as I owned the mineral rights to the site. It was peanuts anyway.

I must admit sitting down looking out watching the Sun rise or set was fantastic, due to the glass being treated it gave a certain hard to explain radiance. Oh and the glass did slide back in certain area's for ventalation a wiper blade was used attacked to an outside hose and a magnetic thing on the inside dragged the blade to clean the windows.

The only rooms that had no windows are the utility rooms, even the bathrooms being en-suit had glass.

Sorry to have sold the place but the money that was agreed was just to good to be missed.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top