Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 11:47 AM

Carpet Washer.

Just took a hammer to the useless piece of rubbish I had as for some reason known only to Bissell you could not remove the brush head to do routine maintenance or when it got clogged with cat fur and needed a proper clean.

So I am looking so a new washer as I have quite light carpets which are great for hiding the cats fur but not so much her muddy footprints.
Just needs to be a smallish,simple cleaner as I only have a small flat.

Here is two I have listed after a quickish search but open to other suggestions.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...KL5A1OLE&psc=1
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:44 PM

Re: Carpet Washer.

Bissell do the best washers IMO the earlier ones like I have don't take apart enough I grant you but they have changed a lot over the last few years and you won't find better for actually sucking water out of the carpet, mine leaves the carpet almost dry.

Vax are OK but they are very light weight machines and don't deep clean as well as a bissell.

So it depends what you are using it for really as to which one is best for you.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:52 PM

I will not buy Bissell again as their customer service proved to be absolutely terrible and were not in the slightest bit interested in my questions. Poor customer service will always be a big no no as far as I am concerned.
When you have a pet(s) then it really is necessary for the brush head to be removable and the machine to be easily cleaned the Bissel Cleanview Powerbrush is highly rated yet was poorly designed in my view.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 12:57 PM

I've got a Bissel powerwash, had it at least 15 years and by coincidence have just finished shampooing the living room carpet with it.

I don't have any problems with it. I used a Vax one at my ex-boss' house and it was rubbish in comparison.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 03:55 PM

I've got a Vax, but find it too heavy and noisy. It does the job fine and I think I must have one of the bigger models. I've had it a long time and OH strips it down, so it's brush head must come to peices. I would buy another Vax, but would go for a lighter weight one.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

07-01-2019, 04:00 PM

Decided on this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FFOZP...740111_TE_item
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Hope you get years of use out of it Mr Fraggle.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:11 PM

I have the same problem with car vacuum cleaners. For some reason or other Sue bought some time ago one of these crap Dyson cleaners (the small barrel type) and what a load of rubbish it is. Not only does it have extremely poor vacuum power but the nozzle it totally unsuitable for cleaning out a car with.
Just ordered a "Henry 160" vacuum cleaner for the car
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2019, 04:12 PM

I have a Vax and I find it too heavy for my liking, it does the job ok but I'm thinking of looking for something lighter.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2019, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I have the same problem with car vacuum cleaners. For some reason or other Sue bought some time ago one of these crap Dyson cleaners (the small barrel type) and what a load of rubbish it is. Not only does it have extremely poor vacuum power but the nozzle it totally unsuitable for cleaning out a car with.
Just ordered a "Henry 160" vacuum cleaner for the car
I love my Dyson so much I bought another . I’ve also a pink Henrietta vacuum cleaner Henry’s sister . it never come out of the cupboard as far to heavy ...I don’t love her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top