Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:08 PM

The lighter evenings

I haven't really noticed them yet but sure I will when the clocks go forward in a couple of weeks.

Do you welcome them as an opportunity to get out a bit more as summer slowly approaches, or do you not really bother about them?

One thing I don't like is going to bed when it's still light outside which is after 10pm in June.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:18 PM

Re: The lighter evenings

Every yerar I love the longer days and light evenings.

I love having spring and summer to look forward to.
The warmth of the sun again, and everything about nature to wonder at.

I plan lots of things for my little garden, growing scrummy tomatoes and lettuce, beans etc, along with new flowers from seed. I love the colours and smells and buterflies.

I shall know when I am past it, when these things don't matter to me anymore. Let's hope that won't be for a long time yet.

The only thing I don't like is the biting insects each year as I can suffer quite badly with those.

As for going to bed in the daylight Ffosse, why not sit in bed and read will you feel sleepy?
If that doesn't work, what's to stop you going to bed later when it is dark?
If those things still fail, you'll have to get some thicker curtains that block out the light, but whatever you feel, don't wish the beautiful summer away.

You will find something negative in anything if you seek it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:22 PM

That's very true the last sentence. I feel like Winter flew by with nothing very wintry apart from a couple of weeks in January. Right now where I live it has been snowing today and is currently 3.7c outside. I do welcome a boost in temperatures at least.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 06:14 PM

I dont feel we have really had a winter this year. Its not been too bad here in the midlands.

I too look forward to the spring and summer and the lighter nights. I dont like the dark.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 06:20 PM

Still light here at 5-20 pm..fab'...not had a very bad Winter at all so far..some snow this morning which didn't last long...roll on Summer
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:05 PM

It seems dark all day today here.
Just the rain clouds.
Where is Spring when you need it?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:10 PM

I love the lighter evenings and warm days, can’t wait
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:29 PM

I love the longer days and seeing all the flowers and plants coming back to life. An awakening from a long sleep. It's great to be able to do more outdoors in the evenings.

I know what you mean about going to bed when it's still light though. Imagine if we were in Finland with the midnight sun. That would drive me bonkers.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:35 PM

I always look forward to the lighter nights, Spring is on its way.

The bulbs are in bloom at the moment and the leaf buds are swelling on the trees. The baby lambs are prancing in the fields ..... this is a lovely time of the year when everything is awakening.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:46 PM

I love Spring and Summer best
But then I love Autumn too for different reasons
And I love to feel cosy inside, with fairy lights and candles on, in my pjs, in the Winter too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top