Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Re: Do you feel/look your age?

That flab under chin must age me in the eyes of others.

And yes, when I look in the mirror my father looks back. He had a beard for the last 30 odd years of his life, Mrs d00d won't let me do the same.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
That’s an unpleasant thing to say Floydy . You have no idea whether they’re disabled or not .
Many illnesses require medication that piles weight on unfortunately and leave people without the ability to exercise so of course they put weight on .
I'm sure Floydy meant it as just a bit of cheeky fun Zuleika....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's difficult to judge ourselves isn't it. In my mind I am still in my mid twenties, I don't have any wrinkle yet but like you Floydy, my memory is not what it used to be despite doing quizzes and crosswords daily.
My memory is still sharp as a razor.....

Sorry!....Who did you say you were Longthing!...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:44 PM

If feeling old is:

Listening to radio stations that only play the good old stuff

Having my first cuppa of the day only in a certain mug

Detesting today's narcissistic, selfie loving society, reality TV programmes and soaps

Not knowing half the people who are apparently 'celebs'

Getting set in my ways

My strength has gone to weakness

Feeling irrelevant

Being thought of as one of the 'you-shouldn't-be-on-this-planet-breathing-oxygen'

Then, yes I feel old

Do I look my age?

Check out my selfie and make up your own mind. (Damn I'm becoming a selfie obsessed OAP)

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm sure Floydy meant it as just a bit of cheeky fun Zuleika....
Correct mate. Thank you

Zuleika is a resident of the political forums which probably explains the lack of humour.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 04:54 PM

Didn't know you were in Dr Who, Pesta.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:02 PM

Interesting factors here.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-5335578.html
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:07 PM

Most of us don’t see ourselves as others do so I leave that to them. I much prefer to concentrate on the positives each day that I definitely know about. The first and most important of these is that I did wake up this morning, plus with luck, will probably manage to do all that needs doing during the course of the day.

Mentally I still manage quite well. This includes using Mac laptop and desktop computers and iPhone. Without calculator or pen and paper I also manage to answer most of the word and number games on Ch4's daily ‘Countdown’ in my head so I guess not too bad in that way. Never a day goes by either where I do not learn something new.

Age is just a number and at past 70 and after a heart attack 11 years’ ago and two motorcycle accidents many years’ ago I just consider myself very lucky in every way.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:08 PM

Noooooo! I have so many granddaughters and nieces that ensure I keep up to date with the latest fashions for my age, and I am sure I deserve to have shares in Olay, because I seem to buy loads of their products. I should look about 16!

Truthfully, it all depends how I feel in the mornings. Some times I can look in the mirror, my hair has behaved itself, my skin is glowing and I know I will look good for the day.

Other mornings I get up, look in the mirror and step back in shock!
One side of my hair has usually been pressed to my head from the pillow! the other side is standing on end as though it has been electrified. Not a good start,
then whilst trying to brush it tidy, still looking in the mirror and catching the light from the morning sun through the window, I can't help but notice the extra crows feet lines that seem to have materialised overnight, and when did that little blemish on the end of my nose happen? and I'm sure my cheeks are sinking in a little cos when I stretch my face, the sunken looks disappears! (time for a face-lift? no thanks.)

Still, as long as HWMO still loves and desires me, I don't care if I look my age to be honest. He is always telling me he thinks I'm beautiful, and if he is talking rubbish, who cares. He convinces me.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Didn't know you were in Dr Who, Pesta.
Not many do Tiff

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top