Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 06:53 AM

Re: Devon's funniest street and place names

There are quite a few funny, rude and crude ones on the link below, courtesy of the publication Devon Life plus Mr Google, complete with pictures too:

https://www.devonlife.co.uk/devons-f...ames-1-5962957
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's not near me, but I know there is a village called 'Piddle' in Dorset.
Wouldn't want to give that as my address, would you?
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
There is also a river by that same name and in the same place in Dorset. I wouldn't want to try and guess what it is that fills the river though!

Oh of course, silly me, it's water!
Piddle simply means stream.

Comes from the same root as puddle.

By the way, I can't seem to get into that Devon Life link.......I get an error notice saying "something wrong........page reloaded" and it just keeps reloading but doesn't fully reload.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Piddle simply means stream.

Comes from the same root as puddle.

By the way, I can't seem to get into that Devon Life link.......I get an error notice saying "something wrong........page reloaded" and it just keeps reloading but doesn't fully reload.
It seems good for me Pyxell, have you got some other programmes running in the background?.....
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It seems good for me Pyxell, have you got some other programmes running in the background?.....
No, nothing.

I do sometimes get that error notice come up, but the page reloads straight away. This is the first time it's just been on a loop!

I'll try again later.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:10 AM

That was the link I gave so apologies that you have problems with it. I've just tried it again myself, both the original post and also the copy when it's been quoted, both times it works OK. Try copying and pasting the link into your browser rather than just clicking on the link, that may work. Failing that quit your browser and then relaunch it. Something's got into a bit of a twist by the sound of it. Hope you eventually sort it out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 02:37 PM

A place those of us in the Trade Union movement will all know - Tolpuddle !!!
Pyxell
South of England

17-05-2019, 05:44 PM

That was the link I gave so apologies that you have problems with it. I've just tried it again myself, both the original post and also the copy when it's been quoted, both times it works OK. Try copying and pasting the link into your browser rather than just clicking on the link, that may work. Failing that quit your browser and then relaunch it. Something's got into a bit of a twist by the sound of it. Hope you eventually sort it out.
Not your fault, Baz.

I tried all those suggestions, including turning it off and on again, and clearing the cache etc.

It was also happening on another computer in my house, despite clearing that cache,etc., too.

But it still kept looping as my previous post, so in the end I gave up.

God knows what that was about, but not to worry; I expect I'll live!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 07:59 PM

Not your fault, Baz.

I tried all those suggestions, including turning it off and on again, and clearing the cache etc.

It was also happening on another computer in my house, despite clearing that cache,etc., too.

But it still kept looping as my previous post, so in the end I gave up.

God knows what that was about, but not to worry; I expect I'll live!
Hi Pyxell

I don't know why the link doesn't work for you. It was basically pictures of road signs. The names are as follows;

Crapstone

Squeezebelly Lane, Kingsbridge

Knick Knack Lane, Brixham

Pennycomequick Hill, Plymouth

Inner Ting Tong, Budleigh salterton

Drunkards' Hill, Aveton Gifford

The street with no name, Teignmouth

Slaparse Lane, Broadclyst

Burgarden Street, Bideford

Fanny's Lane, Sandford.

Will do some more after my programme.
Baz46

17-05-2019, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
– Snip –

Will do some more after my programme.

Thanks Longdogs, I was hoping Pyxell would have been able to access the website via the link but that’s a good idea to give the names separately. I have finished them off for you, trust that's OK. Coincidence that the second one is Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary! So your have your own special lane named after you, very unique!

Cocktree Throat near Taw Green

Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary

Lickham Bottom near Hemlock

Beer

Love Lane, Marldon

Cranston

Drunken Bridge Hill, Plympton

Bastard’s Lane, Great Torrington

Brithem Bottom

Admiral’s Hard, Plymouth

Goblins Lane, Cullompton

Nomansland

Daddyhole Road, Torquay

Ham, Plymouth

Cockwood
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2019, 10:22 PM

Thanks Longdogs, I was hoping Pyxell would have been able to access the website via the link but that’s a good idea to give the names separately. I have finished them off for you, trust that's OK. Coincidence that the second one is Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary! So your have your own special lane named after you, very unique!

Cocktree Throat near Taw Green

Longdogs Lane, Ottery St Mary

Lickham Bottom near Hemlock

Beer

Love Lane, Marldon

Cranston

Drunken Bridge Hill, Plympton

Bastard’s Lane, Great Torrington

Brithem Bottom

Admiral’s Hard, Plymouth

Goblins Lane, Cullompton

Nomansland

Daddyhole Road, Torquay

Ham, Plymouth

Cockwood
Just for the record Baz, I was able to open your link so there was no problem there.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top