Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 08:05 PM

Re: My 34 Year Old Daughter Has Been Refused Alcohol in Morrisons

Years ago my daughter was refused Drink she was about 25 at the time couple of girls with her were served who were about 17/18 were not asked and served.

She is 49 now think she would take it as a complement.

As a side note

In Victoria Coren book for Richer for Poorer she went to Vegas at the age 17 with a fake ID to gamble(Poker)went back years later over 21 and did not have the same buzz.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:18 PM

Lol. Just two weeks ago I was going for a quick pint in a pub next door to a concert venue where I was going to see a band.

The doorman said "Proof of I.D.". I was briefly taken aback until I realised he was joking. Sharp as a button I replied "Do I need I.D. to drink here if I'm over 50?" We laughed and I went in giving him a look which told him he wasn't funny.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2019, 11:25 PM

My youngest daughter who is 30, has also been asked for proof of identity when buying alcohol.
I don’t think it was a case of flattery but someone asking for ID, just to cover themselves.
Better that, than not to ask and then getting the sack for selling alcohol to someone under age because they didn’t check.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My youngest daughter who is 30, has also been asked for proof of identity when buying alcohol.
I don’t think it was a case of flattery but someone asking for ID, just to cover themselves.
Better that, than not to ask and then getting the sack for selling alcohol to someone under age because they didn’t check.
The checkout cameras see absolutely every minute detail the cashier does so the operators are especially cautious when it comes to proof of age, Art. They need to cover themselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 12:31 AM

I was asked for ID when I was 38. The lady was not joking but I think my snorts of laughter convinced her she was having a "should have gone to specsavers" moment. Unfortunately this is no longer a problem I have.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-05-2019, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was asked for ID when I was 38. The lady was not joking but I think my snorts of laughter convinced her she was having a "should have gone to specsavers" moment. Unfortunately this is no longer a problem I have.
You've turned 39?
Bee
Essex
Bee is female 

19-05-2019, 10:47 AM

I worked as a cashier for Morrisons for 17 1/2 years and when Challenge 25 was bought in we had to ask anyone that looked under 25 for a photo ID card when buying alcohol.

Many a time I have been called a f*****g old cow for doing my job........anyone that did that was refused a sale.

Now and again we would have a test by being shown photographs and we had to put an age to the photographs, it is surprising how wrong we could be at times....and that is where the importance of photo ID comes in.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

19-05-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bee ->
I worked as a cashier for Morrisons for 17 1/2 years and when Challenge 25 was bought in we had to ask anyone that looked under 25 for a photo ID card when buying alcohol.

Many a time I have been called a f*****g old cow for doing my job........anyone that did that was refused a sale.

Now and again we would have a test by being shown photographs and we had to put an age to the photographs, it is surprising how wrong we could be at times....and that is where the importance of photo ID comes in.
My wife is on the checkouts at Tesco, Bee. In fact she's just begun her 6-hour shift today. She tells me of all kinds of abuse and slagging off she gets from mostly younger people who are already pretty well sozzled after a night out. That's why she won't work the late shifts anymore. It's no fun and it's not her fault they enforce these rules, she's the scapegoat in the middle.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:08 AM

People getting asked for ID could be because the staff all got lectured about checking everyone’s ID. It might not have anything to do with how anyone looks on any particular day or the type of lighting they had. Lol
Bee
Essex
Bee is female 

19-05-2019, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My wife is on the checkouts at Tesco, Bee. In fact she's just begun her 6-hour shift today. She tells me of all kinds of abuse and slagging off she gets from mostly younger people who are already pretty well sozzled after a night out. That's why she won't work the late shifts anymore. It's no fun and it's not her fault they enforce these rules, she's the scapegoat in the middle.

I quite agree Floydy it is the cashiers that are the scapegoats for enforcing the rules.

I would never work the late shifts either.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top