Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:25 AM

Re: My 34 Year Old Daughter Has Been Refused Alcohol in Morrisons

Our Tesco must have an upper limit on the sale of alcohol, how many times have I been refused with the explanation:- "You're too old and decrepit to be wasting your life away sitting in shop doorways drinking that shit!" ...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
How tall is she? My girl is tall - which I've always thought made a difference.
She comes out at 5'8" Gravitas, this was her at 21......

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Our Tesco must have an upper limit on the sale of alcohol, how many times have I been refused with the explanation:- "You're too old and decrepit to be wasting your life away sitting in shop doorways drinking that shit!" ...
Ha! The secret is out! Bob only goes running with a back pack as it's full of Carlsberg Special Brew. Jogs his way up an old Tor in the middle of the Dales and hides behind it supping his six pack of booze. Then rolls down the hill followed by the farmer's dog
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

19-05-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Ha! The secret is out! Bob only goes running with a back pack as it's full of Carlsberg Special Brew. Jogs his way up an old Tor in the middle of the Dales and hides behind it supping his six pack of booze. Then rolls down the hill followed by the farmer's dog
You've got me banged to rights Floydy......
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The checkout cameras see absolutely every minute detail the cashier does so the operators are especially cautious when it comes to proof of age, Art. They need to cover themselves.
I see Tesco’s were once fined £6000 for selling alcohol to an under age person. They can’t risk losing their licence, so have to be strict with their employees regarding the sale of alcohol.

I have noticed that very young checkout assistants, hold up the bottle of alcohol, call an older checkout assistant to acknowledge the sale and then they put it through the checkout.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I see Tesco’s were once fined £6000 for selling alcohol to an under age person. They can’t risk losing their licence, so have to be strict with their employees regarding the sale of alcohol.

I have noticed that very young checkout assistants, hold up the bottle of alcohol, call an older checkout assistant to acknowledge the sale and then they put it through the checkout.
They might be underaged themselves, or there might be a rule about assistants under a certain age having to get the sale sanctioned in case they're letting their friends get away it!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
She comes out at 5'8" Gravitas, this was her at 21......
]
Perhaps the best idea is to present as "authoritative" and "commanding".

I've just seen thicko Stacey Dooley - she must get ID'd all the time.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 02:29 PM

If a cashier can't tell the age of a person , then they should be sacked anyway. Discrimination is also breaking the law. It does wonder who they employ doesn't it?
Also may drum up business for Spec Savers
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
If a cashier can't tell the age of a person , then they should be sacked anyway. Discrimination is also breaking the law. It does wonder who they employ doesn't it?
Also may drum up business for Spec Savers
I see teenage girls walking down the street who look 16 or even 18, Realspeed. They look much older than that when they're dressed up, so it's not easy for the checkout operator to tell. That's why they ask for I.D.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top