Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 07:03 PM

Re: Posting to China.

Unless it's a fiver, why not sell it on eBay or Gumtree and order a bigger size for yourself?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
OMG what I dreaded!!

I ordered a beautiful Chinese style top from e-bay. I love it but it doesn't fit me!!

I requested a return label which they sent & I printed it off but I have to pay return postage to China!!

It's very light weight and will fold into a parcel measuring 10" x 7"

I'm going to take it to the post office tomorrow.
Any guesses how much it will cost?
you are lucky they are agreeing to accept returns.
Some of my work involves fraud and you wouldn't believe how many letters of complaints we get about China and how they fraud people.

They send cheap shoddy goods which look much better on the net then when you want to return it they will say the cost to return will be too high, many times they have suggested 'can't you sell it on to a friend'!! Unbelievable cheek.

They pose many times as they are in the uk using a uk web address and it is only when the items have been sent for and they take such a long time to get here that you realise you have been scammed. The Chinese are notorious for it.
They advertise 'designer' goods then when they arrive they are fake goods too.

Because of my experience of goods from China being fraud, scams and almost impossible to send items back I am careful what I buy online now.

Hope you get your money back Carol x
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:09 PM

The trouble with Chinese fashions is they are made to fit petite flat-chested Chinese women with narrow shoulders, and tiny babies and children.
A Chinese size 14, is more like a UK size 10.

Chinese women never say "Does my Bum Look Big in This".

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:38 PM

It's a blooming pest this different sizes for different Countries. I've been caught out that way a few times even though I tick UK only. I have gotten to the stage if I am thinking of buying something I contact the Seller and ask them if it's UK sizes they are selling. Then I know what I'm doing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:42 PM

Sizes are all over the place. Even in the shops here it's no better.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sizes are all over the place. Even in the shops here it's no better.

Refer to the assizes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Refer to the assizes.
The balls are in their court.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:14 PM

I'm quite confident I'll get the money back. I have an email to say I will be refunded once the goods are received. It's through Amazon so there shouldn't be a problem..

It was only £20.. With postage out I wont get much back but it's better than nothing.

It really is a nicely made garment that suited me well. I've re ordered in the bigger size.

edit to say. I realise I said it was from e-bay in my OP. I was getting mixed up - it was Amazon.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 03:55 AM

I bought a garment from a Chinese online fashion house...it looked lovely on the web but when it arrived it was nothing like the picture....it wasn't expensive so I didn't bother sending it back....

I wish I had read the reviews on an independent forum before I handed over the cash because there wasn't a single good review.....an expensive lesson learned for me.....

You were lucky if it is good quality Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:00 AM

This is it.. It's exquisitely made and I love it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top