Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:21 AM

Re: Posting to China.

I think you have to be aware that Chinese have a different system of manufacturing. If an importer goes to a Chinese manufacturer and says "Can you make this for $5?" the Chinese attitude is "Yes, we will make it out of recycled plastic bottles. It won't last but if that's what you want...."
When I was winemaking, we worked in a very corrosive environment for electrical things, water, grape juice and chlorine/iodiphor cleaners. If a motor on a pump failed we found the best replacements were Chinese. They were dearer than USA or Italian but lasted a lot longer.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 04:38 PM

I went to the post office today & they charged me £6 to send it by air mail. That was the cheapest.

Ah well I may as well have £14 back in my bank account rather than nothing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I went to the post office today & they charged me £6 to send it by air mail. That was the cheapest.

Ah well I may as well have £14 back in my bank account rather than nothing.
Indeed, and £6 is reasonable, so that's £14 off your replacement .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top