Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:29 PM

Old Days

The old days thread (Forum wise) has disappeared, but, it must be pointed out that circa 2014, a current member, suggested the killing of a Brummie, it wasn't all Joy back then.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 11:44 PM

Re: Old Days

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The old days thread (Forum wise) has disappeared, but, it must be pointed out that circa 2014, a current member, suggested the killing of a Brummie, it wasn't all Joy back then.

Before my time, Spitty.
Do you know if said Brummie was ever terminated? Did it happen live on the forum?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:55 AM

I do not recall a thread 'Olden Days' Perhaps it was before my joining this very enjoyable forum. But when you say 'Olden Days' how old is old to you? to me it is the 1940s. The days of rationing, blackouts, days when children played adventure games outside and not stuck indoors flicking on a playstation, The days when neighbour knew neighbour and not as 'er at number ten. I know it was way before your time and most others here but in spite of there being a war on everyone was happier with life than they are now. There seemed to be a 'togetherness' spirit. Maybe it was because we were living during a period of war or maybe it,s just nostalgia with the likes of me. I don,t know!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 08:59 AM

Was it Twinks? Is he in her cellar?

Sorry for making light of It I'm sure it was very serious at the time
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:25 AM

What reason was given for pulling the thread?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I do not recall a thread 'Olden Days' Perhaps it was before my joining this very enjoyable forum. But when you say 'Olden Days' how old is old to you? to me it is the 1940s. The days of rationing, blackouts, days when children played adventure games outside and not stuck indoors flicking on a playstation, The days when neighbour knew neighbour and not as 'er at number ten. I know it was way before your time and most others here but in spite of there being a war on everyone was happier with life than they are now. There seemed to be a 'togetherness' spirit. Maybe it was because we were living during a period of war or maybe it,s just nostalgia with the likes of me. I don,t know!
I agree BB, l remember we used to go round each others
houses or shelters for company during air raids, definitely
a different spirit then !

Best Regards Donkeyman !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:04 AM

I don't recall that thread either...who was the Brummie They threatened to kill?..Erm..is Brummie slang for Someone from Birmingham?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 07:25 PM

At least the thread title isn’t, ‘Them Days’.
I wince when l hear people say that and l want to correct them but l’m too polite!

I am not sure why anyone wanted to kill someone from Birmingham, they can’t help their accent.

I know a lady from Birmingham , she thinks she is so grand, a real Mrs Bouquet! Then, she opens her mouth ...Gordon Bennett, it’s like she’s singing!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top