Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:28 AM

Disgusting scam !

In our village there is a young lad, we all try to help the family as he has a rare condition that limits his life. We've been fund raising for four years and seen him get weaker and lose his hair etc. A once healthy young lad now pale and gaunt.

Police arrived two weeks ago and removed the parents the boy was taken by his grandmother.

I was just informed the money raised is going to another charity if we all agree, or they will try to return it to donaters.

He is not ill at all ! The parents have been making him ill with salt !

They could have killed him. The court case will be next year they are in custody until then for their own safety.

I'm not sure I have words to say what I think about them as parents. Feel a bit stupid I was taken in but I wasn't alone in that. That poor boy could have died and we all took what they said at face value when it was cruelty going on under our noses !

Speaking to a neighbour I don't think the parents will be able to come back here, feelings are very high about the betrayal.

You hear these things happen but never think it will be this close to home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:46 AM

Re: Disgusting scam !

What a terrible story Julie. I expect it will make national News.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:50 AM

I would imagine so the reporters are around the village trying to get people talking.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 11:51 AM

That truly is despicable of the parents Julie. I hope they throw the book at them for their crime. That poor little boy.
Hopefully, there is a deserving worthwhile Charity that would be grateful for the monies you have all been contributing.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:00 PM

Happily. I am still appalled at the depths some low life's are prepared to sink to . It confirms that I still have a conscience and morality.
This down right despicable, base behaviour though disturbs me more, for its total callousness. Trash.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 12:51 PM

How terrible for the little boy he is going to grow up knowing how little his parents cared about him.

I hope there is no long term damage to his body from the salt...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:06 PM

I've heard of this happening before ... Munchausen Syndrome by proxy ... thank goodness the parents were found out and the little boy will now get the care and attention he deserves.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:11 PM

What vile people!
I'm always wary of these fund raising schemes, there's often a few who claim to be raising money for the same thing or person and you can't be sure who's genuine.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2017, 01:26 PM

I wonder if much of the money has already been spent?

Even if it has I am sure they people who contributed will come to terms with being conned..... but what about the poor boy, I wonder if he will be permanently damaged by the salt he was given.
If there is any money left, I hope it can be used in making sure this boy can achieve a full recovery, physically and mentally!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

03-08-2017, 01:30 PM

I've no idea twink but I'd guess there is money because the idea of refunding it came from the family. Personally I don't think this is munchaussens they tend to want attention this couple were greedily taking money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top