Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 08:29 AM

Re: How Do You React When You Find A Hair In Your Food?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Judd, If you have a Labrador, you get used to them but a human hair..... Oooooh no!
I was just going to say in this house dog hair is known as fibre...

Human hair
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I did find a hare in my food once. But it was a salad so I guess you have to expect it now and then.

Jugged hare???
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Judd, If you have a Labrador, you get used to them but a human hair..... Oooooh no!
I would throw the food away immediately if the hair belonged to an animal, YUCK!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 09:01 AM

A hair wouldn't bother me unduly, just don't eat the food containing the hair.

I have had worse things . I once went see an elderly lady for whom I once worked . She liked a drink, well more than one and wasn't 'with it' half the time. She would disappear to top up her glass.
She tottered in with a plate of smoked salmon sandwiches insisting I had one and saying she only just managed to save them from the dog. I noticed one had a piece missing and teeth marks.

Having taken a sandwich I chattered away and when she went to top up her glass I quickly put the sandwich in a napkin in my bag on the floor behind my legs before she returned.

My dog Amy showed a keen interest in the bag, thank goodness the lady didn't notice and we were both saved from embarrassment .
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 09:11 AM

No No No. A hair in my food or worse still in my mouth makes me wretch for Wales. If I do find a hair in my food, to me it is uneatable and I could not remain at the table knowing it was there. Horrors
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Years ago, I used to sometimes go to a late night mobile burger van. It wasn't particularly good and the guy serving had unruly long black hair. I was waiting for my order when a young man came back to complain about his burger - He had removed the bun and was swinging the burger on the end of a hair which was about two feet long. I never did eat mine and never went back.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 09:22 AM

When I was due to meet my daughter's future inlaws years ago, they were coming to tea with me. I had made a lovely lemon drizzle cake which was on a plate in the dining room. I might add that my visitors were not dog lovers and I had a very hairy English Setter. I went through to make the tea and get the cake when I found half of it had been chewed by my dog. Panic mode!! I sliced what was left of the cake and arranged it nicely on another plate.

I was complimented on a delicious cake - to this day, they never knew.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
No No No. A hair in my food or worse still in my mouth makes me wretch for Wales. If I do find a hair in my food, to me it is uneatable and I could not remain at the table knowing it was there. Horrors
Yes Dave, l would say the hair amongst your food in your mouth has to be the worst! I'm not sure if it's the stretchiness of the hair or the never ending length of it as you pull it out? Yak Yak and more Yaks!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Davenorave ->
Totally agree with this post...I feel like gagging just thinking about a hair in my mouth
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2017, 12:06 PM

If I find anything like a hair in food or anything else for that matter it makes me wretch, even worse if I find it in my mouth, hairs, egg shell etc. Even thinking about it now turns my stomach.

Had a Christmas meal ruined once when found lead shot in mouth when eating pheasant.

When my son was about four, he's thirty seven now, we were on holiday in York and went for a Sunday lunch in a pub. He was a very fussy eater, so I was helping him trying to fork bits of food into his mouth when I noticed a big green caterpillar amongst the cabbage, covered it up with more cabbage and just helped him to eat the meat and potato instead. If I had said anything to him or complained to the pub that child would probably never eaten again.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top