Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Re: And will those feet

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Drastically reduce university courses, especially the trendy new ones that have absolutely no benefit to anyone: media studies, gender studies, etc.

Degree courses that lead to needed practical skills and abilities should be supported by government grants, as they used to be before BLiar.

The plethora of 'new universities' should revert to their earlier identity of technical colleges, and these should concentrate entirely on training practical skills as they once did.
It's not right that students take these courses only to work in something completely different.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not right that students take these courses only to work in something completely different.
Yes, they usually go into the shelf stacking profession.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I heard that Aldi are building loads of new stores here, 130 in next 2 years. Will we have enough people to staff them?
The previous 300 shops could be staffed. This additional amount will also be staffed.
As Aldi is wholly owned by a german family (Albrecht) these 130 stored will help to increase their wealth. The revenues for the UK are smal.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 09:08 PM

Yes, they usually go into the shelf stacking profession.
On the whole, and in general JBR is right. Alas.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:10 PM

The plethora of 'new universities' should revert to their earlier identity of technical colleges, and these should concentrate entirely on training practical skills as they once did.
I thought new universities were brought in by the Tories...?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
On the whole I think the migrant workers worked much harder than the Brits in similar jobs. Without those people Britain will be in a mess.
I somehow doubt that!

Most migrants are exploited by unscrupulous employers in the internal services sector and that does not benefit the UK one jot.
In fact it is probably detrimental to the UK economy.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

Why is that relevant to what they actually achieve?

This party political tribalism is what is holding this country back.

People who take an opinion or a stance based only on what a political party does or says is a moron.

It shows a complete inability for independant thinking.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't care who brought them in. It was a big mistake.

However, the person who famously insisted that he wanted 50% of all school leavers to go to university was BLiar. I really don't know what he was hoping for. Was it an attempt to impress foreign countries and show how we can do better than them? Sounds like BLiar!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2018, 10:48 PM

I don't care who brought them in. It was a big mistake.

However, the person who famously insisted that he wanted 50% of all school leavers to go to university was BLiar. I really don't know what he was hoping for. Was it an attempt to impress foreign countries and show how we can do better than them? Sounds like BLiar!
I think it all has its roots in Thatcherite policies.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-10-2018, 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=Dextrous63;1533839

It'll be interesting to see if anything really does change [/QUOTE]

Just watched an item on community service on the BBCnews. Far superior to the dutch system. Do not change that

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top