Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:55 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Hype has a lot to answer for, unfolding is not for origamists.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 10:34 PM

Lovely to see Scribbles is back on form.
Loved your post Jem.
I think we have lost Gummy and Pugsy???
If they have gone away without us, they will be in my bad books.

Anyway the Possums are hovering.
Good Night X
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:17 PM

Where are you all?
Come on, it is my favourite day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 02:02 PM

Quote."I think we have lost Gummy and Pugsy???
If they have gone away without us, they will be in my bad books"

I wouldn’t be worried about the pair of them Sweetie, Pug could be anywhere as he drives all over the place, the Gummy fella probably needs a rest and a recharge.
I’m very busy working and just come in from the shed for a bite to eat, I’m back to work now, see ya later for a drink.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 03:38 PM

Sorry....been in hospital to sort this new wrist out.
All done...sat trying to arrange stuff for work in 4 folders [can't type with a hole in yer wrist] but just couldn't be ar*ed-think the op and the meds etc left me somewhat lethargic. Apologies to all. [feel like sh!t atm]
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-10-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Sorry....been in hospital to sort this new wrist out.
All done...sat trying to arrange stuff for work in 4 folders [can't type with a hole in yer wrist] but just couldn't be ar*ed-think the op and the meds etc left me somewhat lethargic. Apologies to all. [feel like sh!t atm]
No need to apologize Pugsy.
I just missed you tbh.
You get yourself well.
That is the important thing. X
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Wishing you get well soon Pug me lad.

That nice chap from Talking Pictures. the silver tongued gentleman who does the announcing or continuity, whatever it’s called, anyway last night just before the screening of a film from the 60’s he comes out with a warning.
“This program contains attitudes and language from a previous ere that may offend viewers”

I know he is right in his grammar, but doesn’t “from a previous ERA” snap you right back into reality, the NOW of it all?
My God we must have all been right blaggards back in the 60’s/70’s, going around cursing and swearing like troopers, insulting everyone and offending them left right and centre, the young people of the future will have us all tagged as monsters.
One thing is for sure, we always treated our womenfolk with the greatest respect, I hope the historians don’t leave out that bit.
I know I’m old, and I’m proud of it, but from a previous era!, talk about rubbing it in!
That sounds to me like a previous age, say from the bronze age to the iron age, a couple of thousand years give or take a century or two, a weaker old fart might take offence at that.
Why did he have to use the words “previous era”? Could he not have said from the 1960’s instead?
I always though "Eras” were long chapters in history. How long is an era anyway?
Well this old fossil from the stone era is still kicking, and still setting stones.

In days of old when women were gold
And everyone knew their places
Pints were drank and fags were rolled
And trousers all had braces.

Now pour yourself a nice cool drink, sit back, relax, and put your arm around your other half then sing together this time enduring old song, the song that is not the singer.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:13 PM

Tiz a trifle quiet, scribblers may need electrifying now natural gas is in short supply.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-10-2018, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Tiz a trifle quiet, scribblers may need electrifying now natural gas is in short supply.
You all light up my life
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

19-10-2018, 11:24 PM

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top