Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 11:25 PM

charging AA and AAA batteries

Maha MH-C801D

I have one of these and this video will tell you why. cost me £61 bought 18 months ago.

Yes I know it is expensive does come with a 3 yr warranty.
As in the video I got fed up with cheap battery chargers only to find some batteries were not charged up although the charger said they were.
Worth watching all the video

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 06:53 AM

Re: charging AA and AAA batteries

The only AA or AAA batteries I use are in remote controls and a pair of weighing scales I have and they seem to last for years.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 07:38 AM

You can buy a lot of batteries for sixty one quid.....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You can buy a lot of batteries for sixty one quid.....
True, but this is about battery chargers and the problems with getting cheap ones as described in the video.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 10:48 AM

Interesting .....

I started buying rechargables when a bought a pocket camera a few years ago and was stunned at the rate at which the camera got through batteries.

I've always liked Duracell batteries so I bought a Duracell "value" charger supplied with batteries. I have no complaints about the charger, which is the "trickle" charge type, but then I'm not a "professional" who needs batteries "now!". Being the careful type, I've always charged like with like, so that has obviously helped. Nevertheless, the idea of marking them and keeping them together by purchase date had not occurred to me so I'll be doing that in future.

According to "Which?" magazine, Duracell are still a "good" buy, but the top "Best Buys" are Panasonic and Ansmann.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 12:45 PM

Blimey . . . .

Yet another battery charger thread from you Realspeed !

Starting to think this is some kind of product advertising or YT channel promotion.

May 2016
"Battery Chargers" by Realspeed
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...attery+charger

Feb 2017
"AA and AAA battery chargers" by Realspeed
https://www.over50sforum.com/showthr...attery+charger

Oct 2017
"battery charger" by andrewna1
"https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=47653"
(Was this alias also you? It only ever made that one thread, nothing since)
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

23-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Some new members wouldn't have seen previous post
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 09:38 PM

The threads can be linked RS, just say which one you want this linked to...
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 11:13 PM

I have tried a couple of battery chargers in the past, and did'nt have too much joy at all. Even tried rechargeable batteries, as well as normal ones. I found that unless you charged then pretty soon after using them, the results were poor. Now, I just go to Poundland, and get ten or so AAA or AA for a quid. When they are done, I chuck them in the recycling bin at Tescos.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2018, 09:54 AM

I have several pieces of equipment that require batteries, and on some of the equipment, I have had to use non rechargeable batteries. I don't want shatter anyone's myth about 'Duracell' batteries but out of a very varied selection of different manufacturers batteries, Duracell are the only batteries that have leaked and caused damage to the terminals.....I will never use a Duracell battery again!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top