Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 12:54 PM

Re: Labour MP calls for General Strike.

Delegates at party conferences remind me performing seals.

What will they be suggesting next? Peasants Revolt
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It comes as no surprise to me that a party that ignores a democratic vote on Europe can advocate bringing down our government. It sounds like something that would normally happen in a third world country and if he succeeds, that's what we will become.
If today's news reports are anything to go by, Corbyn is in `talks` with the EU's Barnier to urge him not to accept a no deal `Brexit` (does Barnier have a say in such a choice) and is trying to force the Tories to include a customs union in the latest rounds of negotiations. If the negotiations do not include a customs union, the Labour Party is threatening to vote against any deal and is ipso facto encouraging the EU to reject any deal offered on the promise that if Labour get into power following a forced general election they would re-negotiate new terms including a customs union.

It is an obvious ploy to use `Brexit` as a tool to call for a general election and thus try to win power by foul means. Bugger the result of the majority `OUT` vote, as long as the Marxist Momentum can get into power, democracy doesn't matter.

Two views from the left leaning and right leaning press. You decide which one you wish to believe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art..._campaign=1490

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...rexit-13317143
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 02:48 PM

Good for him, get the Tories out of power.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 02:50 PM

Hi

Corbyn is cynically undermining the Brexit Negotiations purely to try to get into power.

There is no incentive at all for the EU to move, he is encouraging them to offer nothing.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Good for him, get the Tories out of power.
Be careful what you wish for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It comes as no surprise to me that a party that ignores a democratic vote on Europe can advocate bringing down our government. It sounds like something that would normally happen in a third world country and if he succeeds, that's what we will become.
I'm afraid that will eventually happen. All the signs are there. Lawlessness, ineffective government, corrupt politicians, political brainwashing by academics, etc, etc.

Hopefully not until long after I'm gone, though.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Be careful what you wish for.
Why should I be careful, as long as we get rid of the incumbent shower of crap I will be happy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Why should I be careful, as long as we get rid of the incumbent shower of crap I will be happy.
Hi

You should be worried, you complain you cannot get a decent annuity now, just wait until business profits are decimated, it is these which pay for annuities.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You should be worried, you complain you cannot get a decent annuity now, just wait until business profits are decimated, it is these which pay for annuities.
You are p*****g in the wind there Swimmy, such basic economics isn't the left's strong suit....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

27-09-2018, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
You are p*****g in the wind there Swimmy, such basic economics isn't the left's strong suit....
Please explain how the clever Tories have made such a wonderful job. Preferably in words of one syllable so that we can all understand.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top