Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 09:56 AM

And then there's the Media!

During the last World War, I understand that the Media was put under strict control possibly because of the concern that inaccurate or over-accurate news reporting could become damaging to the war effort.

In the current environment, don't you feel that it's impossible to understand what 's really happening out there?

Which paper you read, which TV News you watch, has become important in the way we perceive the quotes we see in the Forum.

We've seen some of the big names, in politics, resign to take on leader roles on Newspapers, etc., possibly because they feel they can better influence the public from there.

Don't you feel that you don't know who you can really trust?

If trust is gone, what should we do about it?

Should we drag Newspapers in to defend what story line they are promoting?

Should we prosecute where there are fake stories?

Or should we just allow the media to have what they call "Freedom" to say what they like?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Re: And then there's the Media!

There has always been a certain amount of opinion in the media but I think they have overstepped the mark though in recent years and no I have no idea who to trust. That's sad really.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
There has always been a certain amount of opinion in the media but I think they have overstepped the mark though in recent years and no I have no idea who to trust. That's sad really.
I feel the same way
I question everything a politician says and everything journalist writes
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 01:17 PM

I daily read papers from left and right to get a handle on whats being said, add in my local paper to see what perspective both carry.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top