Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 08:41 PM

In bad taste.

We were sent a video today via Fakebook. It was a video of a friend's Fathers' coffin being taken from the hearse and into the church. I have to admit that I was shocked!!!!
For me, this is bad taste.

What are your views?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Re: In bad taste.

Was it a selfie? Soz....
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 08:53 PM

Perhaps the deceased was a big fan of Fb?!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Perhaps the deceased was a big fan of Fb?!
No but his son is.
It was sent private.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
We were sent a video today via Fakebook. It was a video of a friend's Fathers' coffin being taken from the hearse and into the church. I have to admit that I was shocked!!!!
For me, this is bad taste.

What are your views?
Hi Sweet Pea

I do a lot of photography but I wouldn't have done that.
It's a personal family matter and even, had been mine, I wouldn't. Invasion of privacy comes to mind.

But share and beware.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Who took the video, SP? A member of the funeral party or some sick troll?

With anybody and everybody taking selfies and putting everything on FB these days, this doesn't surprise me.

I remember when my mother-in-law passed away, a message was put on FB by one of her grandchildren. My wife was horrified as some family members didn't even know she had died yet.

Some people are too wrapped up with their mobile phones these days that they have lost touch with what is right and wrong.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Hi Sweet Pea

I do a lot of photography but I wouldn't have done that.
It's a personal family matter and even, had been mine, I wouldn't. Invasion of privacy comes to mind.

But share and beware.
It was his son that took the video.
I knew his Father, it has quite disturbed me.
I can only think that grief does strange things to some people.

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Who took the video, SP? A member of the funeral party or some sick troll?

With anybody and everybody taking selfies and putting everything on FB these days, this doesn't surprise me.

I remember when my mother-in-law passed away, a message was put on FB by one of her grandchildren. My wife was horrified as some family members didn't even know she had died yet.

Some people are too wrapped up with their mobile phones these days that they have lost touch with what is right and wrong.
Yes Floydy maybe respect has lost its way.
I am in shock tbh.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:19 PM

that would have really upset me if I had known him. I don't know why some people feel the need to share such things really, I bet a few viewers on their facebook were a bit disturbed by that and thinking "what the heck"
It's certainly not the sort of video I would want popping up on my facebook.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
that would have really upset me if I had known him. I don't know why some people feel the need to share such things really, I bet a few viewers on their facebook were a bit disturbed by that and thinking "what the heck"
It's certainly not the sort of video I would want popping up on my facebook.

It was sent by Fake book messenger, so private, but yes I am upset by it.
I didn't like to reply saying what I wanted too, so I just deleted it. It is a strange world at times Queeny. I would not dream of doing that.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:35 PM

Lots of undertakers offer the option to stream the funeral over t'internet these days

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top