Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Re: Back Pain.

Originally Posted by carol ->
This is the back stretcher I use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/wellbeing-p...back+stretcher
Looks like a medieval torture implement, Carol, does it do the trick?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 05:36 PM

That woud be useless for my backaches Carol, when my back goes I am unable to stand upright for a week or more. No way would I be able to bend/arch my back in that shape
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 05:42 PM

Ive just ordered this Carol thanks for the link, ive never seen one before.
I will try anything to get some relief even if its only temporary.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:26 PM

Sounds like tense lower back muscles Swim.
These muscles are involuntary and can not be relaxed to order. Most painkillers will provide a temporary fix, as will laying flat on your back and gently bringing your knees up to your chest, stretching the affected muscles.

Inactivity will prolong the discomfort, try and keep them moving as often as you can. Acupuncture or Ultra Sound is very effective at destressing the muscles and removing the discomfort......Hope this helps Swim....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:19 AM

You really ought to see a doctor - if only to find out what caused it.

I have back pain sometimes. Mines caused by bulging discs and when it's playing me up I lie on a back stretcher a couple of times a day for 5 minutes a time. It helps me.

Same here Carol - bulging disc.
I have some special back exercises to do every day and most of the time it behaves itself.

It has been playing up the last couple of weeks though and I have been to my chiropractor today in fact.

Swim, I would suggest you find out exactly what the problem is before you decide on which treatment is appropriate.

If you don't want to go to a doctor, find a McTimoney chiropractor in your area - better than taking drugs!

http://www.mctimoneytrust.org/44/Fin...l-Chiropractor
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Looks like a medieval torture implement, Carol, does it do the trick?
As I said: I have bulging discs and the best way to treat them is to stretch the back. Hanging from a pole is a good stretching exercise - I tried hanging from a ladder propped up against the wall but it hurt my hands too much gripping the ladder rung and just hanging there with my feet off the ground. You have to be strong to do that!

This back stretcher really works for me but to anybody wanting to try it, please don't blame me if it doesn't work for you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Ive used on o these devices, was effective, but so many reasons for back pain, get it diagnosed.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/physio...sheetdec09.pdf

Experience is a great teacher so much better than guessing about folks with ailments.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 12:52 PM

As I said: I have bulging discs and the best way to treat them is to stretch the back. Hanging from a pole is a good stretching exercise - I tried hanging from a ladder propped up against the wall but it hurt my hands too much gripping the ladder rung and just hanging there with my feet off the ground. You have to be strong to do that!

This back stretcher really works for me but to anybody wanting to try it, please don't blame me if it doesn't work for you.
If youre referring to me in this comment Carol Id like to just say I wouldnt dream of blaming you.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 11:22 PM

Oh good. That's alright then.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 01:02 AM

I agree that inactivity will seize you up and make your symptoms worse.
Slow stretching eases muscles and Epsom salt baths add loads of magnesium which gets absorbed into your body instantly. Magnesium is a mineral that relaxes muscles very well. I also use cayenne pepper ointment which is like A535.

This will sound ultra corny but I’ve had a problem with my back since I crushed my tailback at 16. My back used to ache something awful.
Since doing yoga every morning I no longer get back pain the same.

I also agree with Mups. Chiropractors are specialized back doctors who have both conventional training AND holistic training. Best of both worlds.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top