Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:13 PM

Re: Your PM is not running the country, but a taxi

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
So seems odd someone who says they believe in equality would be classist ?
You cant have 'equality' with the likes of them ! They wouldn't allow it !!
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Its only the hoi polloi who consider themselves superior and look down their noses at us and attempt to belittle and humiliate us that we take exception to.

I think you’ll find that the people you imagine consider themselves superior to others, look down their noses at others, and attempt to belittle and humiliate others, actually do no such thing. If someone has an obvious chip on their shoulder they will just be ignored. Because of their personality. Not because anyone perceives them to be of a different social class.

It is interesting that you feel it is permissible to boast that the working class is superior in every way. How would you fell if other forum members posted, “Upper class. Superior in every way”
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
I think you’ll find that the people you imagine consider themselves superior to others, look down their noses at others, and attempt to belittle and humiliate others, actually do no such thing. If someone has an obvious chip on their shoulder they will just be ignored. Because of their personality. Not because anyone perceives them to be of a different social class.

It is interesting that you feel it is permissible to boast that the working class is superior in every way. How would you fell if other forum members posted, “Upper class. Superior in every way”.?
Exactly think it's called reverse snobbery, TBH I have never met such class concise people as some working class folks, the upper classes don't seem to look down on people from what I have experienced.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:25 PM

Class war - the only war worth fighting!!!!
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:29 PM

Upper class... midddle class ....working class .... you can have all of these in the one family with various occupations and attitudes ... a fool is a fool no matter how rich or educated or streetwise they may be.. and not to be suffered gladly !
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:36 PM

With reference to Innes post, I am a foreigner and I have never met a Romany Gypsy or a Traveller (I realize there is a difference) but I have been amazed at the denigration these people receive.

I can well imagine that years ago there were ignorant teachers who treated Gypsy children badly.
Markey
Kent, UK

01-09-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
You cant have 'equality' with the likes of them ! They wouldn't allow it !!
Pats CG, that is utter rubbish.
The aristocracy, upper class, middle class, what ever, are JUST as capable as the working class of judging people and liking people on merit and personality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 03:43 PM

IQ tests and and great intelligence aren't everything .

Take my late husband for example a brilliant man who at the age of 12 won a scholarship to Christs Hospital the Bluecoats School and at 15 a place to study maths at Cambridge neither of which he took up .
He went on to become an expert in is field but had not one shred of common sense
Give him a pug to change or a wall to paint and he would make a complete mess of it . Those things were the province of less intelligent mortals like myself who possessed common sense rather than intelligence.

There is room for all in this world, the intelligent and the not so bright, we compliment each other
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2013, 04:04 PM

Common sense - is everything to me - if people dont possess that - I cant be doing with 'em - upper - middle or lower !
EDIT - my post does not refer to a man who has not the aptitude for DIY - a lot of things you have to have an interest in to be any good at it .... if you're not that way inclined ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-09-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
Pats CG, that is utter rubbish.
The aristocracy, upper class, middle class, what ever, are JUST as capable as the working class of judging people and liking people on merit and personality.
I can believe it - judging whether a person is fit fer purpose ! I jest - probably not like that anymore, as in recent times, they have been brought down to earth, recession and hard times affected them too ......

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top