Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Boris climbs down.

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That has to be a joke. The EU was perfectly clear what they wanted in the deal May brought home, on the other hand the British Parliament hasn't even had the nous to agree on anything except there is not to be no deal.

One thing Brexit has shown is that Britain doesn't need a government at all. The government has been farting about for three years on Brexit to the exclusion of everything else and yet the country has got on fine without any governing at all - perhaps the Britishi parliament is actually a complete waste of time and money.

I hope the EU refuses an extension, this farce has gone on for long enough. I suspect 'crashing out' will be like the Millenium Bug and vastly over rated and we can start talking about something more interesting.

The world will miss the pantomime but all good things must come to an end. I do hope you will dump the clown on 1st Nov, he has already shown what an incompetent twat he is.
Indeed, and the latest performance by Compo's clowns: sitting in the speaker, etc, must make us the laughing stock of the world.

Still, it will all change once the people have another chance to vote for a new parliament.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EU 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	10646  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-09-2019, 11:21 AM

Berk-o seems to have left his mug behind.

(I don't know if there really is a University of North Texas, but if their is it has probably never occurred to them that the initials could be used in such an expletive.)

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EU 2.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	10647  
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:38 AM

I cannot stand that smarmy Sir Alan Duncan normally, but one thing he did say last night that made perfect sense, was that hopefully, the badly thought out ''Parliamentary fixed term'' should be abolished as soon as possible. Never a truer word spoken.

It is utterly unfair that in 2011 the fixed term came in for 5 years. When David Cameron became Prime Minister in 2015, The date of the next GE should have been 2020. but when the Tories voted Theresa May in, in 2017 after the resignation of Cameron, the 5 years commenced again from that year! This is simply wrong and should have run as orginally intended, to 2020, instead of now being 2022. It is far too long.

The sooner this crappy law is confined to the bin, the better.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

10-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I cannot stand that smarmy Sir Alan Duncan normally, but one thing he did say last night that made perfect sense, was that hopefully, the badly thought out ''Parliamentary fixed term'' should be abolished as soon as possible. Never a truer word spoken.

It is utterly unfair that in 2011 the fixed term came in for 5 years. When David Cameron became Prime Minister in 2015, The date of the next GE should have been 2020. but when the Tories voted Theresa May in, in 2017 after the resignation of Cameron, the 5 years commenced again from that year! This is simply wrong and should have run as orginally intended, to 2020, instead of now being 2022. It is far too long.

The sooner this crappy law is confined to the bin, the better.
I completely agree. General elections should be called sooner than after five years. In that length of time, an incompetent government (or PM) can do untold damage without any redress.
Perhaps three years would give them enough time to at least begin to put their manifesto promises in place. If they fail to do so, we can turf them out; an enormous incentive to stick to their promises.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That has to be a joke. The EU was perfectly clear what they wanted in the deal May brought home, on the other hand the British Parliament hasn't even had the nous to agree on anything except there is not to be no deal.

One thing Brexit has shown is that Britain doesn't need a government at all. The government has been farting about for three years on Brexit to the exclusion of everything else and yet the country has got on fine without any governing at all - perhaps the Britishi parliament is actually a complete waste of time and money.

I hope the EU refuses an extension, this farce has gone on for long enough. I suspect 'crashing out' will be like the Millenium Bug and vastly over rated and we can start talking about something more interesting.

The world will miss the pantomime but all good things must come to an end. I do hope you will dump the clown on 1st Nov, he has already shown what an incompetent twat he is.

You bexpress my thoughts exactly Brucy! I would however
edit your last paragraph about the clown? as clowns usually
work in groups? as is born out by the current circus!!

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 02:37 PM

Hi

The thought of having Corbyn in charge for 5 years horrifies me.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The thought of having Corbyn in charge for 5 years horrifies me.
As should every person in the land. However, the fact that we could inadvertently be ruled over by a Marxist Trot, doesn't seem to bother the power-mad, frothing at the mouth opposition parties with tunnel-vision of getting rid of Boris.

If the unbelievable does happen and somehow Corbyn gets in, watch those rich, elitist SW1 Remain crowd, such as Grieves, wet their trousers as he turns them upside down to shake the last of their coins out of their pockets.

How I will gloat
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2019, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
As should every person in the land. However, the fact that we could inadvertently be ruled over by a Marxist Trot, doesn't seem to bother the power-mad, frothing at the mouth opposition parties with tunnel-vision of getting rid of Boris.

If the unbelievable does happen and somehow Corbyn gets in, watch those rich, elitist SW1 Remain crowd, such as Grieves, wet their trousers as he turns them upside down to shake the last of their coins out of their pockets.

How I will gloat
I liked Cummings' comments today where he told reporters to "get out of London and stop talking to rich remainers". He is absolutely right and the likes of Grieve and Co will be soon faced with their constituents outside their houses with burning torches and pitch forks.

A Parliamentary recess should get them back in touch with the voters, not the wealthy snobs on the HoC.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

10-09-2019, 04:28 PM

Exactly what I was thinking Bread. Five weeks should be sufficient for these traitors constituents to be queuing up to show their disgust at the actions they have been witness to. A dose of reality is long overdue for these losers.

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top