Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 03:36 PM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Apparently these were not industrial drones contrary to earlier reports.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

That one doesn't look too efficient, does it, being suspended by a cable from above?
It's being held up by another drone - a bigger one.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 03:39 PM

I'm sure that terrorists will use these at some stage in the future for an attack.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's being held up by another drone - a bigger one.

And that, in turn, by an even bigger one!

Reminds me of an old saying:

Big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite 'em,
And little fleas have smaller fleas, and so ad infinitum.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 05:28 PM

Surely, they can track the radio beam to its source....
And even I could build a 'Jammer' that would scramble the signal and bring it to the ground.....Its not rocket science is it.......well perhaps....Maybe it's the Russians, they get the blame for everything else.....Or.....Dare I say it.....some peed off remainer wanting to blame it on brexit....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Surely, they can track the radio beam to its source....
And even I could build a 'Jammer' that would scramble the signal and bring it to the ground.....Its not rocket science is it.......well perhaps....Maybe it's the Russians, they get the blame for everything else.....Or.....Dare I say it.....some peed off remainer wanting to blame it on brexit....
Why not build your "jammer" and prove it works?
Don't you think they would do that if they could?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Why not build your "jammer" and prove it works?
Don't you think they would do that if they could?
Piece of cake Purwell, I've already jammed TV's, Radio's and Mobile phones when they were analogue.......
When my latest project is off the bench I'll give it a go.....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:15 PM

Apparently:

Use of jammers

It is a crime to use any apparatus, including jammers, for the purposes of deliberately interfering with wireless telegraphy (radio communications) in the UK. The maximum penalty is two years’ imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. See section 68 of the Wireless Telegraphy Act 2006.

Making jammers available

If you manufacture, import or distribute jammers, you may be committing a crime. The Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2014/30/EU, which has been implemented into UK law by the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016 (S.I. 2016/1091), places strict requirements on all electrical and electronic apparatus placed on the market or taken into service in the UK. The requirements state that apparatus must not cause excessive interference.

Ofcom may take appropriate enforcement action, including prosecution, to enforce the EMC provisions. The maximum penalty convention under the regulations is three months’ imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine. The courts can order forfeiture of stocks of equipment.
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...fences/jammers
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure that terrorists will use these at some stage in the future for an attack.
My thinking exactly. When the perpetrators using these drones to disrupt airports and flights are caught, they should be charged under the anti-terrorism laws.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...fences/jammers
Oops.....

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top