Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:18 PM

Re: Over and Out

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
As an aside .....

A new MEP has been confirmed to represent Scotland in the European Parliament - four days before the UK leaves the EU. Heather Anderson has taken up the SNP seat vacated by Alyn Smith, who became an MP in December's general election.

Thankfully .....

Ms Anderson will not be eligible for any payoff or pension for the role.

Really, SNP!
Nothing surprises me anymore.

I was watching an interview last night with a British MEP who has been there since 1979. He was saying he was absolutely heartbroken to leave. I BET HE WAS! The end of a cushy lifestyle, chauffeur driven cars, all taxpayer expenses paid, free lunches and dinner invitations, cushy office, free first class travel, free private education for his children and a mega salary.

Welcome back to the real world! Time to find out what the word WORK really means.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:27 PM

^^^^^
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->

I was watching an interview last night with a British MEP who has been there since 1979. He was saying he was absolutely heartbroken to leave. I BET HE WAS! The end of a cushy lifestyle, chauffeur driven cars, all taxpayer expenses paid, free lunches and dinner invitations, cushy office, free first class travel, free private education for his children and a mega salary.

Welcome back to the real world! Time to find out what the word WORK really means.
Well said . It makes me furious . Such injustice
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:48 PM

I thought Farage and the MEPs who joined in that childish display of flag waving were unnecessarily rude. Embarrassing spectacle.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:52 PM

nothing surprises me anymore.

I was watching an interview last night with a british mep who has been there since 1979. He was saying he was absolutely heartbroken to leave. I bet he was! The end of a cushy lifestyle, chauffeur driven cars, all taxpayer expenses paid, free lunches and dinner invitations, cushy office, free first class travel, free private education for his children and a mega salary.

Welcome back to the real world! Time to find out what the word work really means.
^^^^

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I thought Farage and the MEPs who joined in that childish display of flag waving were unnecessarily rude. Embarrassing spectacle.
Not unnecessarily rude at all. A triumphant finish to a job well done.

The Old Lang Syne was more excruciating.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 01:03 PM

Yes, I can only agree – a proper 'reality check'! I wonder how many of the others running (supposedly) this country are also having nice, easy lives while the electorate sees living standards falling while the country falls apart in every area you can look at? Perhaps if they all did a full week's work, were 'timed' by some means and paid by results, we might just deal successfully with anything that Brexit makes difficult in the future!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I don't enjoy any childish activities, when it comes to governing countries, but you have to admit that the EU have tried to prevent us leaving since the referendum..... even some of our own MPs were doing the same.

The EU is all about greed and control, so I am now happy that no MP can blame the EU rules, when the people of the UK complain. The British can now decide how this country should run, without interference from other European countries, by their votes in General Elections. If leaving was a mistake we can only blame ourselves but, if we want it to work, it is down to ourselves to work better to make this country one that we can be proud of!
Our government now only has one group of people to answer to..... the British people. I am looking forward to it.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 01:30 PM

We should only discuss our trade deal and future relationship with elected leaders.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
He did give a speech and it was good, I thought. It was only at the end that they did about 10 secs of flag waving . Here is his speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfyal78d9EQ
I thought that was brilliant, even the end.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top