Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:46 PM

Re: Norwich "Happy Brexit day" letter of hate

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I see nobody is interested in a serious discussion.
Annie, I'm sorry you feel that way. The first post to reply to your thread was indeed a serious question. I certainly would never condone anyone acting in such a vile way towards others, but it is so easy to stereotype someone by ensuring they are seen as an illiterate, racist knuckle-dragging Brexit supporter, (accusations thrown at us over the last 4 years).
But...... anyone bitter enough and with a perverse wish to gain revenge for Brexit is equally capable of carrying out this disgraceful act and lay the blame on Brexit supporters. Am I wrong? or do you believe they are incapable of doing such a thing? That's what I was asking.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:49 PM

Doh! Sorry Annie, I must have still been typing when you had already answered my post.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 08:51 PM

Apologies OGF just saw your post. Thank you for giving more background on the area. I haven't been there for years but it was a pretty quiet area. It's definitely a region that has never been very open to outsiders. Perhaps because nobody visited much before? I just remember incredibly long lectures on the area in geography classes.
It has been neglected over the years Annie probably due to a very poor road network (no motorways) and you don't pass through it to go anywhere else.
However, Lincolnshire, Norfolk and Suffolk are very big agricultural areas and as such it has attracted a lot of casual foreign labour. The trouble arises when the foreign workers are all housed together and begin their own community and don't feel the need to integrate.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

03-02-2020, 08:55 PM

Well, all I can say is that it sounds a really horrid place to live. Just imagine if we lived in one of the member states and someone put a letter such as that through our letterbox. That would be quite frightening.

Still, it sounds as though there are caring people around so I hope that has been of some comfort to that family.

No doubt it will take some time (if ever) for the division in this country to be a thing of the past. Vile incidents such as this certainly doesn't make it any easier to unite once again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
With respect Annie, how do you know it was not some bitter Remain supporter unable to accept Brexit Day on Friday, out to cause trouble and unrest? Just asking.
This totally. It was my immediate thought
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:01 PM

It's clearly a pro Brexit supporter.
No it clearly isn't.

That's just your Remainer spin on it.

There are Remainers who would undertake any action to try and paint BrExiteers in a bad light and to try and make political statements. They will do anything to continue to thwart the BrExit process. It won't stop and as the year progresses will likely get worse.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:10 PM

Just some kids on the laughing gas with a computer and a printer. That's what I see when reading between the lines.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

Just some kids on the laughing gas with a computer and a printer. That's what I see when reading between the lines.
If the lettre had a reference to allah, the writer(s) would long since been lifted from their beds.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

03-02-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

The more you read it the more obvious it is that it was written by some pathetic Remainer student who can't accept the democratic decision.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2020, 09:38 PM

A remain supporter would never upset a whole building full of vulnerable people, likely already frightened by what the future holds, with such a nasty attack for some invisible and inexplicable point scoring game. It's the most ridiculous spin on the topic and a refusal to discuss the truth.

These poor people must be terrified to step out of their front door now and no doubt afraid to speak in public. If they do speak English their accent will give them away so they can't win.

If you want to keep going down the conspiracy rabbit hole that this is some remain conspiracy then that proves that there will be no healing and no coming together. It seems remain voters will be eternally blamed for anything that goes wrong in the country. Denial is a safe place. This is really happening!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top