Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Re: Holidays

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I love Florida too, Graham .... we have already booked for next year and that will be our third visit there.
Florida holds a special place for us, it's where I proposed to my wife and where we spent our honeymoon.

I was going to get married there, but that was way too expensive.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Florida holds a special place for us, it's where I proposed to my wife and where we spent our honeymoon.

I was going to get married there, but that was way too expensive.
I can understand why it is such a special place for you and your wife, I hope that maybe one day, you will make it back there again.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:06 PM

Ta Mags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Ta Mags.
No problem Mollie!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2012, 11:19 PM

So, who has planned a holiday for this year and where? Do tell!

The last "holiday" I went on was coming up to four years ago, but was not in happy circumstances and I had extremely serious thoughts about cancelling, but folk made me go.

So, what are your plans, if any?

I would love to go away again, but it's not something I'd do on my own. What do others think?
That's a shame Mollie maybe you could try an activity holiday, they are ideal for people on their own ..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...hortbreaks.uk2

I would certainly consider something like that if I didn't have a dog..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 11:53 PM

I love the Neolithic pictures in Roxy's post. I find anything like that interesting as I'm not a beach type of person.
You don't get the true size of the Stones from the Photos Mollie, till you see one like this. Regan is 5ft 6in and they towered above her as you can see.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's a shame Mollie maybe you could try an activity holiday, they are ideal for people on their own ..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...hortbreaks.uk2

I would certainly consider something like that if I didn't have a dog..
I've heard of those before Meg, but I just don't have the confidence to go away on my own. Perhaps one day though!

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
You don't get the true size of the Stones from the Photos Mollie, till you see one like this. Regan is 5ft 6in and they towered above her as you can see.
They are awesome. I felt truly humble when I lived in Hampshire and we went to visit Stonehenge, then Avebury. There is something very magical about those stones.
dabby
uk
dabby is male  dabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 01:14 AM

Don`t think i will bother with holiday this year .. reasons .
1.. on my own.
2.. Skint .
3.. Passport ran out in feb .

But happy holidays to those ,who do venture away .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

13-05-2012, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by dabby ->
Don`t think i will bother with holiday this year .. reasons .
1.. on my own.
2.. Skint .
3.. Passport ran out in feb .

But happy holidays to those ,who do venture away .
My three reasons as well, but passport ran out in 2008!
Chippy
Yorkshire UK
Chippy is male  Chippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 02:10 AM

I'm off to Paris for a month in July but that's to do a loft conversion. then in September I'm off to Spain to do a barn conversion. Will be going to stay with friends in Cornwall for a week during the summer holls, yet to be arranged. Then hiring a horse and tinkers caravan to tour southern Ireland with my daughter towards the end of the summer holls. Then back end I usually go to Madeira for a short break to visit friends.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top