Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:45 PM

Re: Are you sexist?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How's yer map reading though girls?......
Ah now you're talking!!
I can get lost for England!!
I have no inbuilt radar like some lucky folk, no sense of direction whatsoever...once came away from Heathrow and found myself heading towards somewhereorother totally in the wrong direction.
Met a woman year's later who'd done exactly the same thing so felt much better.
I'm living proof that going wrong is far more likely in a grid system like New York where you can't tell yer arse from yer elbow
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Ah now you're talking!!
I can get lost for England!!
I have no inbuilt radar like some lucky folk, no sense of direction whatsoever...once came away from Heathrow and found myself heading towards somewhereorother totally in the wrong direction.
Met a woman year's later who'd done exactly the same thing so felt much better.
I'm living proof that going wrong is far more likely in a grid system like New York where you can't tell yer arse from yer elbow
If it's any consolation Ruffio, my sewing is rubbish!.....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
do you feel that they are not to be taken seriously?
I think YES
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If it's any consolation Ruffio, my sewing is rubbish!.....
Sewing? Wot's that?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
They are not inferior at all.

They have an empathy and ability to get to things that men cannot have, even with the best will in the world.

My daughter could not talk to her Mum about Sex, far happier talking to Dad.

When she was raped, things changed , big time.

She knew she could talk to Mum but not Dad.

She knew exactly what my reaction would be, she was worried about me.

I found this so sad, the innocent protecting the abuser.

Bollocks to that, not on my radar, down they went.

She does have a point, we do not prevent abuse and not every vulnerable person has a Dad who is as a big of a Pillock as I am.

I do not feel vulnerable to threats, many do and I can understand why.

We need to change the system.

Sorry to hear about your daughter ( words fail me ) however a few years ago my youngest and her friend went for a night out somewhere and some guy was giving them hassle and somehow ended up with yorri’s Friends passport and wouldn’t give it her back ... so she says to him ‘ if you don’t give me it back I’m going to phone her dad ( meaning my daughter ) so the guy says ‘ her dad ? Why not your dad ? ... she looked at him and said because her dad will simply kill you !!! .... she got the passport back and weeks later the above conversation came up and I heard about it and just looked at them ... oh dad says my daughter let’s face it if anything ever happened to us then the guy would have to hope the police caught him before you did .... and she’s right !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 11:25 PM

Hi

No need for anyone to sympathise with me, lovely though it is.

Both of mine are intelligent, articulate and determined to follow their own paths in life.

Holly is a complete arse, totally self focused, just like her Mum.

Money is everything, but she is still my daughter, I am a Dad and love her dearly

What Dad does not love his daughter?

Guy is different, a much more caring person, quite prepared to put himself at risk to protect others.

I am so very proud of him for doing this, he is a far better person than his Dad.

I just wish at times that he was as cynical as his Dad.

It would keep him alive longer.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 03:46 AM

I'm not sexist but I believe that women and women have different character traits and levels of common sense.

Men are far more practical but women are better at multi-tasking, unless they are gay of course then the whole logic of men and women tend to merge into one big drama episode whereby everything is an uncontrollable screaming calamity!

I work in a warehouse where one of the managers is very old school. He's a bit of a Neanderthal, a dinosaur who sees women as beings who should cook, clean and be objects used for eye candy only. The warehouse is no place for women he will say with typical male chauvanism. he thrives on ignorance too: He's never read a book in his life, laughs at his stale old jokes and has his team of likewise flunkies around him guffawing at his every word.

We now have one woman on our shift who matches everything that the men on the shift can do - and with more accuracy and speed. It probably makes a big difference in the fact that she isn't English though...she is a grafter who never complains.

I do get irritated and impatient at drivers though, which is probably the one "sexist" part of my personality:
Why is it that women drivers cannot think ahead? Why don't they look at the opposite traffic lights when waiting at the lights, instead of staring blankly and nervously at the lights they are stopped at waiting to change?
Whey can't they reverse a car properly? Is it hormones?

So no I don't believe I'm sexist on the whole. I get annoyed with anyone who can't get their act together, male or female. But then I'd rather not have the wives with us when me and my pals go out for a beer either.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:49 AM

he thrives on ignorance too

You know, strange as it seems, that may not be a bad attribute.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
he thrives on ignorance too

You know, strange as it seems, that may not be a bad attribute.
If he doesn't mind being seen as moronic I guess not
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2019, 08:03 AM

One mans (person) moron is another beings visionary. Maybe?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top