Join for free
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:00 AM

Re: Does

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Anyone else start typing a controversial thread, then think Nah, it ain't worth the hassle.
It might not be hassle! It would only be a bad thing to do if you can't shrug off other people's criticism and if that's the case, it probably is best not to start something controversial.

I'm happy to change my mind if an approach to a subject made by others makes more sense; if it doesn't then I disregard it.

What's the point of being on a forum if you don't contribute?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:11 AM

Contributing's one thing but starting a thread is entirely different and requires either passion or an ability to take the flack.

I have strong views on certain subjects but remain a whimp and am usually happier to 'bung in' the occasional comment and have a good laugh whenever possible.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oh bugger ~ foot in mouth

It's cool Rachel, I couldnt resist seeing my name up on the board again , I am a closet attention seeker and seized the chance to comment on a day when nothing else inspired me to join in.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Contributing's one thing but starting a thread is entirely different and requires either passion or an ability to take the flack.
Many of the threads I've started I only have a passing interest in - it's more other people's opinions that I'm interested in (probably trying to weigh up my own opinions).

I have strong views on certain subjects but remain a whimp and am usually happier to 'bung in' the occasional comment
You are entitled to your views whether other people approve or not (well, on most things anyway).

and have a good laugh whenever possible.
I would agree but the humour threads tend to die off very quickly which is understandable.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 10:51 AM

I didn't actually mean 'humour' threads' ~ I just like to post silly comments, cos I'm only a teenager really

Mmmmmmm .... Robert Robert Robert Bob Bob Bobbbbbbb
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2013, 10:53 AM

I shall make an effort to include the name ROBERT in my posts from now on

*teehees*
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2013, 10:57 AM

I didn't actually mean 'humour' threads' ~ I just like to post silly comments, cos I'm only a teenager really

Oh, I see - you can post daft comments - they tend to lighten a situation that's getting heated

ROBERT - RACHEL'S CALLING YOU

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:00 AM

Agree with you Karen - the forum would be dull without threads on various subjects, its up to members then, if they want to contribute ....
See no problem, so why make one.....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:21 AM

Ha ha ha!

thankyou .

ladies.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Hello Robert .....

Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top