Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 02:44 PM

£2,000 a month?How could I live on that?

Hi all, just thought I would share this with you to help you digest your cuppa.... (which I nearly choked on when I read same)

A jobless mother hit by the new benefits cap claimed yesterday she will not be able to get by on £2,000 a month!!
Despite the amount being more than many working families receive, Clare Bache insists she should be able to hold onto the additional £600 in handouts she is picking up now.
That sum will be taken away from 15 July as the Government moves to ensure benefit claimants are no better off than the average family on £32,000 a year before tax.
Mrs Bache 38, says the reforms will mean she has to give up the six-bedroom rented house paid for by the taxpayer and find somewhere cheaper for herself and her seven children.
5 of the children are by her "estranged husband" the two youngest by her "on-off" boyfriend.

Now I know this subject has probably been flogged to death but it never fails to enrage me when I read about deadweights such as this. I have the deepest sympathy for any genuine person whom has lost their job and claiming benefits, give them all the help they are going to need, but for goodness sake, how long have we been working our butts off to give handouts of this magnitude??. Thank goodness this lettuce leaf government are doing something about people who drain the welfare state as she is doing.

By the way, have to mention this. The average wage £32,000 ??????? are they having a laugh? have they tried living here in rural Shropshire? One is thought of as having a brilliant job if they take home £300 a week in their hand. Where do they get these averages from? Do they walk around Notting Hill or Chelsea with their clipboards to gain these figures cos they certainly don't seem to ever ask the locals here what their average earnings are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 02:50 PM

Re: £2,000 a month?How could I live on that?

When I read that I did think perhaps we would be better off if my husband did what his GP wants him to do and just gives up work, his NMW job just is no where near as much as some seem to get on benefit. But no he will keep limping on probably die while working something isn't right really it isn't.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 03:28 PM

Yes, don't get me started on this subject! I did read the article, but wish I hadn't. Why DO these people think they have a right to sponge off the taxpayer, without having put anything in? For goodness sake, if we all did that nobody would get a bean.

We all would dream of having £2,000pm at our disposal. My only envy is that she lives in a 6 bedroom house. What luxury!!

Stupid woman, making her financial situation public. No sympathy. Get off yer arse woman, and work for your money.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 04:36 PM

Do you know it infurates me when I read stories like this one. My husband and I work all week to make sure the mortgage is paid for, we have a small car to get about in. We no longer have holidays because we cannot afford them. We are having two days away for the first time in 4 years soon.

The average family is getting £32,000 are they I too wonder where you have to live to get that amount.

I know some people are deserving but come on. I wonder if the fathers are paying anything to keep their children clothed.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2013, 06:39 PM

In my view, a family income (I assume 2 parents working) of £32000 is not actually a lot. The average UK salary for an adult with 10+ years experience is around £36k pa. There is some difference between men and women.

In my experience of the IT industry, a family income of £60k-£80k pa. was not unusual.

And where do you live? You live where the work is, and if necessary, you move.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 07:59 PM

Were do they get that figure £32,000 ..I had 20 years plus experience in my job and never earned anywhere near that ...in fact my take home was well less than £2000 a month ..i lived ok ..paid my mortgage council tax ..my car ..had holiday every other year ...didnt want for much even kept my wife and 2 children ....now i have to survive on less than half of that ,,I dont get any help or benefits and still have to try a pay everything ...that woman needs to stop whinging and live in the real world...I wish i had her benefits ....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:21 PM

You have made it sound a phenomenal wage, but it only works out at £82 per person per week, if you live in London, then it is not excessive.
The losers are the children, you can bet your bottom dollar, take the rent for a 6 bedroomed house in London, they will now live in poverty.
She is right to be concerned that she has to move, but that is what this government set out to do, ethnic cleans type of operation, get the poor out of London.
that's my opinion anyway.
Now if you live anywhere else in the country, 8 could possibly manage, even then it would be tight, rent wherever they go for six bedrooms will be high.
Come on folks give the poor a break, I can't help feeling we are in an I'm alright Jack society, it certainly isn't what my father lost his life for in the last war.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:50 PM

Numbers have been thrown out, for folks to digest again, and make moral judgement, be careful on absorbing unsubstantiated numbers.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:56 PM

She chose to have 7 children if she'd had fewer she wouldn't need a 6 bedroomed house.How many kids has she had while on benefit?? Think you'll probably find both she and ex husband were on benefit before and having more children with a boyfriend NO WAY. My father was badly injured and left disabled in the last war but still worked for a living and looked after his own children, but then he only had 2 not 7.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
She chose to have 7 children if she'd had fewer she wouldn't need a 6 bedroomed house.How many kids has she had while on benefit?? Think you'll probably find both she and ex husband were on benefit before and having more children with a boyfriend NO WAY. My father was badly injured and left disabled in the last war but still worked for a living and looked after his own children, but then he only had 2 not 7.
See where you are coming from, and you have a right to be narked, and maybe I am also narked, but our narkedness don't change anything, let them get on with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top