Join for free
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 01:13 PM

UK Gvt Try to Block Whistle Blower From Flying

The UK Government is issuing a warning to aircraft that if they allow the recent whistle blower to board an aircraft bound for Britain, the airline will be fined and forced to return him from whence he came:

http://jn1.tv/video/news/uk-blocks-u...m-country.html

Do you think this is an overreaction?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Re: UK Gvt Try to Block Whistle Blower From Flying

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
The UK Government is issuing a warning to aircraft that if they allow the recent whistle blower to board an aircraft bound for Britain, the airline will be fined and forced to return him from whence he came:

http://jn1.tv/video/news/uk-blocks-u...m-country.html

Do you think this is an overreaction?
I think he is daft to even think of going to Britain look how they have treated Julian Assange (not that the Australian government has anything to be proud of either)
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 01:27 PM

I think they are just trying to save themselves the hassle of having extradition proceedings if he lands in the UK.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think they are just trying to save themselves the hassle of having extradition proceedings if he lands in the UK.
Ah - I hadn't thought of that
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:05 AM

I support the Government in relation to this. That guy is stupid if he thinks he is not committing treason. Secrets are Secrets. I used to work for the Government and you have to sign a paper saying that anything you learn by your work stays a secret. If it was during the second World War this guy would have been shot at dawn.
I don't think he is safe even now as he could be snatched by any kind of terrorist organisation nowadays His chance of getting a pension are limited now I think.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I support the Government in relation to this. That guy is stupid if he thinks he is not committing treason. Secrets are Secrets. I used to work for the Government and you have to sign a paper saying that anything you learn by your work stays a secret. If it was during the second World War this guy would have been shot at dawn.
I don't think he is safe even now as he could be snatched by any kind of terrorist organisation nowadays His chance of getting a pension are limited now I think.

Ooooohhhhh Sandy darlin' - are you saying that the American Government (CIA etc) are a terrorist organisation??? - If so I concur - yes he could be snatched (as Mordechai Vanunu was by MOSSAD - the Israeli secret service).

I do not agree though that he is a traitor, more that he is a hero, since the American Government were spying on individuals here in the UK directly against 'OUR' legislation (and I discount entirely the Government's protestations of innocence as worthless and a downright lie!!!). Good luck to him wherever he is and I hope he can find a place to hide away from the U.S. government permanently.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 02:25 PM

Anyone who blows the whistle and helps the people should get the backing of the people, underhand tactics by governments should be exposed in my opinion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top