Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:14 AM

Re: Where have they gone ......

12 Angry Men - great film ...and Bridge on the River Kwai....
Steptoe was sad at times but so brilliant ....
And, Porridge - Superb ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Anyone recall 'Kathy Kirby' - just thought I'd give her a mention ... she was not only a stunner but really good voice too ....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Anyone recall 'Kathy Kirby' - just thought I'd give her a mention ... she was not only a stunner but really good voice too ....

Yes Pats darlin' - I too remember Kathy Kirby.

There areb a lot of other cinema 'names' that have so far been missed off the list:

Kenneth More, Michael Caine, Roger Moore, Robert Mitchum, Felix Aylmer, Raymond Burr, Karl Malden, James Stewart, to name but a few.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2013, 10:24 AM

Talking about Tommy Cooper, thought you might like a few of his jokes.

TOMMY COOPER - COMIC GENIUS

1. Two blondes walked into a building..........you'd think at least one of them would have seen it.

2. Phone answering machine message - '...If you want marijuana, press the hash key...'

3. A guy walks into the psychiatrist wearing only Glad wrap for shorts. The shrink says, 'Well, I can clearly see you're nuts.'

4. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

5. I went to the butchers the other day and I bet him 50 quid that he couldn't reach the meat off the top shelf. He said, 'No, the steaks are too high..'

6. My friend drowned in a bowl of muesli. A strong currant pulled him in.

Also talking about Roy Rogers I watched an old black and white film of him on TCM the other week. It was of course, about his horse Trigger. Film was called My Pal Trigger. Used to go see him on Saturday mornings at the 6d rush as they called it. Having watched the baddies getting away with murder until near the end when everyone clicks on that Roy wasn't the baddie felt very frustrating as an adult. I remember all the kids, including myself would be stamping our feet and boohooing at the screen when the baddies came on
I also was amazed at the films Roy Rogers appeared in and his characters name was also Roy Rogers
Must be a movie history record.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2013, 10:44 AM

so funny....
I agree too - you wouldn't think he had made so many films... Ah and the memories of Saturday morning pictures ... loverly
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-06-2013, 10:46 AM

Just thought - not sure that is a record, there was an awful actor - Randolph Scott and almost every week for the past year - Hubbs says to me - 'Another bloomin Randolph Scott film' - Bah !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top