Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:41 PM

School teacher abduction case

Haven't quite worked this case out, it looks as though it is a grooming case, but is it?
I can't help feeling it is a girl infatuated by the young teacher, and he fell hook line and sinker for it, somehow I feel he will get together with her when he comes out.
What is your take on it?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Re: School teacher abduction case

Have to be honest Arfur, my take is much the same as yours.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Apparantly she is a vulnerable girl - and 'he' took advantage of that situation. 'He' should have known better of course and steered clear .....
Its messed up the family relationship for sure .....
3 years is a long time, hopefully the girl will mature out of it, but - I bet he writes to her from prison...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:46 PM

She is a minor in the eyes of the law, therefore it was child abduction.
He is a grown man in a position of trust.

Clear case imo.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:48 PM

I haven't been following this in detail, but it does seem that this teacher abused his position of trust as a teacher. He, as the adult should not have let things get started in the first place so he is largely responsible and guilty IMO. I don't know how long it had been going on between them, but I did read that she threatened to kill herself if he didn't go away with her. Has he been found guilty yet and if so what is his sentence - I haven't seen any news today.

Edited to say
-
I noticed Pats post say he has received 3 years. Seems a bit harsh to me, but I don't suppose we know the whole story and what really went on and for how long.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I haven't been following this in detail, but it does seem that this teacher abused his position of trust as a teacher. He, as the adult should not have let things get started in the first place so he is largely responsible and guilty IMO. I don't know how long it had been going on between them, but I did read that she threatened to kill herself if he didn't go away with her. Has he been found guilty yet and if so what is his sentence - I haven't seen any news today.
He has been found guilty and sentenced to five and a half years.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 06:53 PM

He actually got 5 years - will do around 3 ....
Why a bit harsh Rena .....
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 07:03 PM

I think there is a clue in the report, he said to her across the court, "I love you" she replied "Sorry"
that still seems as though it may carry on, even though he is in prison.
They say groomed, if that is the case, why are they trying to lower the age of consent, I think at her age she knew right from wrong, and could have refused his advances, in fact it might be her making all the advancing, but time will tell.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2013, 07:10 PM

What if she was making the advances - girls are silly at that age - think they're in love with the first guy that comes along - He is a 'man' supposedly - should have known better ......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
He actually got 5 years - will do around 3 ....
Why a bit harsh Rena .....
I've not been following this Pats, so don't know the detail. It was just my initial thought that 5 years (it is) seemed a bit harsh, when compared with some of the other sentences which have been handed out for similar offences. It was classed as abduction, but I did read that the girl said she would commit suicide if he didn't go away with her, so although I know it was very wrong of him - he betrayed the trust that goes with being a teacher, etc. - it does seem that it wasn't all one-sided, even though she was under-age. I don't know how long this had been going on between them either. Was she groomed by him, I don't know. He was called a paedophile - although was this one girl his target or were there others; again I don't know the story or any of his history. He should not have become so involved with her that's for sure and he should have left her alone until she was old enough in the eyes of the law.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top