Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 05:34 AM

Re: Is it just me ???

Eating out in different restaurants is part of the fun when we go on holiday that's why we mostly choose B&B rather than half-board.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 07:46 AM

Shropshire Girl, My worse nightmare would be going on holiday with you, with all the nit picking you seem to feel you have to do. Waiters and hotel managers and tour reps must dread you hoving into view.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 09:28 AM

Yes I agree, the whole point of going abroad on holiday is to mix and mingle with the indiginous people of that particular country. To eat and drink what they would normally have in their own homes. Alright hotel food is somewhat different, but would be based upon local produce.

As mmost of you will know, I am a gormand about food. Whilst travelling across Siberia, I ate fresh sturgeon, and one night ate bear steaks (Yes Russian Brown Bears!!) I have an ecletic taste in food and apart from salad, which I regard as 'rabbit food' will eat or at least try almost anything else, which is why I have frequently commented on the 'food' thread regarding 'safari' meats - I love them, and they are very healthy as they are without any fat.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2013, 12:11 PM

As I almost always travel alone I tend not to eat out much. I don't enjoy being waited on, particularly when not in company. But I do enjoy being able to cook with local ingredients and often cook dishes local to the area that I am in. It's part of the fun! And it's usually cheaper and I can eat whenever I like

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top