Join for free
down to earth
west yorkshire
down to earth is male  down to earth has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 01:43 PM

WD passport and automatic back ups?

I am running windows8

I have a wd passport ultra connected I cannot get it to back up automatically each time I modify a document I have to copy it over manually.

I have contacted wd by phone but they just got me into a tizz
I have tried to email them via their support site but that does not seem to work.

I feel that I have wasted my money at the moment it may be just something simple, but when you talk to these tech. support types they seem to think you should know what they are talking about and this guy just lost me.

Has anyone got one of these and can help please.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 02:18 PM

Re: WD passport and automatic back ups?

Originally Posted by down to earth ->
I am running windows8

I have a wd passport ultra connected I cannot get it to back up automatically each time I modify a document I have to copy it over manually.

I have contacted wd by phone but they just got me into a tizz
I have tried to email them via their support site but that does not seem to work.

I feel that I have wasted my money at the moment it may be just something simple, but when you talk to these tech. support types they seem to think you should know what they are talking about and this guy just lost me.

Has anyone got one of these and can help please.

I am not familiar with the particular facilities offerred by this particular device but you have not wasted your money. There are plenty of free program/apps that will do the job for you if you can't get the WD one to work.

Have you tried googling the question? Along the lines of 'wd passport will not auto backup'. I am always amazed at how successful such searches are when you have a problem with a specific piece of equipment.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:41 PM

Re: WD passport and automatic back ups?

Did your drive come with any software George? I think it is called WD SmartWare.

As Bruce mentioned though, you can get free software that can do it for you. Here's TechRadar's list of their favourites: http://www.techradar.com/news/softwa...ommend-1137924

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top