Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2011, 10:22 PM

Re: Say goodbye to IE (Internet Explorer)

Originally Posted by aitch ->
I have been trying safari, and must say it is very good, but I am keeping all my options open Jimmy, except for Google Chrome, I wont be using that again, I have never been told my browser is outdated though
This is what I get on Youtube with my IE6 Aitch.

nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 04:45 PM

I totally agree Azz . . . IE and all versions of it suck . . . Firefox used to be called Netscape . . it said it all about Microsoft when they took Bill Gates to court for trying to copy Netscapes gooey . . . Gates admitted it and settled out of court paying Netscape millions for breach of copyright.

Long live the revolution.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Well I've just downloaded Google Chrome and got into a right old pickle with it, Ive ended up uninstalling it and I'm back to using IE The thing is if you're not technically minded it may be easy for some people to do but difficult for others. It's not just the matter of downloading something and then straight away using it, there can be all sort of complications on the way and at the end of it.

I'll try again in the near future but I'll have to stick with IE until then (not by choice let me say).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Well I've just downloaded Google Chrome and got into a right old pickle with it, Ive ended up uninstalling it and I'm back to using IE The thing is if you're not technically minded it may be easy for some people to do but difficult for others. It's not just the matter of downloading something and then straight away using it, there can be all sort of complications on the way and at the end of it.

I'll try again in the near future but I'll have to stick with IE until then (not by choice let me say).
I'm still with Firefox, Alicat .... the only time I will download it will be when my son visits and is at my side to talk me through it!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Alicat, I did exactly the same as you did when Azz first advised us to. I thought it would be quite straight forward. I didn't understand what they were asking me, the options etc. I also uninstalled Chrome and am still with IE. I asked my son about it and he said use Firefix or stick with what you've got Mum.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 10:54 PM

I am also with IE, dont like chrome,I also tried Firefox but couldnt get on with it at all, its what you are used to when you are not technically minded, soon get into a mess so am staying as I am.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 11:25 PM

I alternate between Opera, Firefox, IE 64-bit and Chrome. I go through phases of which one I use for various reasons. Am currently using Opera as it has a Turbo boost facility on it for slow broadband connections.

I used to use Google Chrome but got fed up with it as it kept freezing, IE 64-bit has an annoying box at the bottom with a message which I cant get rid of, Firefox which is my favourite often gives me a message about unencrypted sites or something like that so then I get a bit worried about using it.

At the moment Opera is running well with the laptop
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm still with Firefox, Alicat .... the only time I will download it will be when my son visits and is at my side to talk me through it!
Hello Mags, you're very wise downloading when you're son is with you I wish I knew someone with technical knowledge.
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Alicat, I did exactly the same as you did when Azz first advised us to. I thought it would be quite straight forward. I didn't understand what they were asking me, the options etc. I also uninstalled Chrome and am still with IE. I asked my son about it and he said use Firefix or stick with what you've got Mum.
I'm glad I'm not the only one maryl

Nothing is ever straight forward is it.
Alicat
West Berkshire

12-11-2011, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
I am also with IE, dont like chrome,I also tried Firefox but couldnt get on with it at all, its what you are used to when you are not technically minded, soon get into a mess so am staying as I am.
Originally Posted by marpaul ->
I alternate between Opera, Firefox, IE 64-bit and Chrome. I go through phases of which one I use for various reasons. Am currently using Opera as it has a Turbo boost facility on it for slow broadband connections.

I used to use Google Chrome but got fed up with it as it kept freezing, IE 64-bit has an annoying box at the bottom with a message which I cant get rid of, Firefox which is my favourite often gives me a message about unencrypted sites or something like that so then I get a bit worried about using it.

At the moment Opera is running well with the laptop
I think I will stick with what I have as well at the moment.

Thanks to you all for your replies.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top