Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 11:03 AM

Happy Anniversary Fruitcake

susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 11:56 AM

Re: Happy Anniversary Fruitcake

Happy Anniversary to you both.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 02:29 PM

Happy Anniversary to you both. How many years are we talking here?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Happy anniversary
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:18 PM

Thirty five years, and it truly does not seem a day too much.

We met 43 years ago when my Uncle married her mother. In the morning we were strangers, in the afternoon we were cousins, and by the evening we were friends, and then she kissed me.

I found out later from my Uncle that she had a crush on me which was a complete shock since she was eleven and I was twenty one.

Over the years our friendship grew, and when she was seventeen she asked me if I wanted to go out with her. A year later we got engaged, and the year after that we were married.

We have just spent a fabulous day, on our own for a change, ranging round the beautiful Somerset countryside in our old car, stopping here and there for lunch, and later tea and cake.

I don't know why she chose me all those years ago, but I m so glad she did.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Thirty five years, and it truly does not seem a day too much.

We met 43 years ago when my Uncle married her mother. In the morning we were strangers, in the afternoon we were cousins, and by the evening we were friends, and then she kissed me.

I found out later from my Uncle that she had a crush on me which was a complete shock since she was eleven and I was twenty one.

Over the years our friendship grew, and when she was seventeen she asked me if I wanted to go out with her. A year later we got engaged, and the year after that we were married.

We have just spent a fabulous day, on our own for a change, ranging round the beautiful Somerset countryside in our old car, stopping here and there for lunch, and later tea and cake.

I don't know why she chose me all those years ago, but I m so glad she did.
Sounds lovely Fruitcake. Glad you had a nice day.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Happy Anniversary to you and your lovely Lady Fruity, may you both continue to be very happy together.
I’m sure your remembering your wedding day now, how you held her tiny hand when you were cutting that symbolic fruitcake together, may the fruit never die in your cake or whatever one says to a fruitcake.
Glad you had a smashing day and the best of luck to both of you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 10:51 PM

I am looking forward to Fruity's pic thread.
So glad you two love birds had a wonderful day Fruity.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top