Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:00 AM

Re: Are you sexist?

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
i am an admirer of the two sexes and that in order to respect and appreciate the other doesn't mean we have to be the same or treated the same (thank heavens) in every instance.

In the effort to make the sexes so much alike, we are too easily giving away the lovely nuanced differences between us that are admirable, attractive, and appreciative by/to/of one another.

I'm rarely a sexist, though as marmaduke mentioned, there are times that a man would be my preference for the job, and i think that reverse sexism could be dangerous - like his example of the house fire or if the hydraulics go out in an large airplane. Sometimes brut force and strength does the job that a woman cannot physically sustain.

Conversely, there are jobs that a man can be made to do that have been traditionally a female pursuit, like nursing a baby (don't ask, it can be done), that go against logic and the success of the species - or at least the individual child.

In all this, you can't or must do this, we are making it extremely confusing to young boys and girls about gender roles.

Equality does not mean "same".

Oh, and ogf, i could navigate you around the whole universe and back. Go ahead and drive and i'll get you there . Be nice; i packed sandwiches. .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
She's good isn't she!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Bish Bash Bosh.....

By 'ec those BIB got my hackles up Floydy. Talk about lumping folk in one box.

My cousin, who believed in females being ladies, told me many years ago that I think like a bloke and have 'male' jobs.

Don't get your Y fronts in a twist Pesta.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think I'm in love with Surfermom x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2019, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Me too....well she does have sandwiches.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Well, I wouldn't put it quite like that ...but you know when someone says who wouldn't you mind being stuck in a lift with...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes, but then I was taught 'good manners' in my youth, so that Ladies precede me in the queue getting on or off the bus, I stand and hold doors open for ladies to precede me in or out of buildings, I hold ladies coats to help them on or off with the garment, I stand up (no longer an easy task for me) when ladies in my company arrive or leave the table we are sitting at.
That is not being sexist, UJ, that is being courteous - and it is lovely!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
How's yer map reading though girls?......
Excellent, OGF, I used to go Orienteering - and was always the first one home!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well, I wouldn't put it quite like that ...but you know when someone says who wouldn't you mind being stuck in a lift with...
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know when push comes to shove, it's not my sparkling personality - but lunch.

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 04:28 AM

It’ looks like a date then

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top