Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 07:56 AM

Re: Are you sexist?

Great post Surfermom.....you have a way with words
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 08:35 AM

That's the trouble with Forums, it's easy for a Bloke to type like a Bird and vice versa, its confusing especially for Blokes who can end up spitting feathers.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 09:05 AM

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Ah now you're talking!!
I can get lost for England!!
I have no inbuilt radar like some lucky folk, no sense of direction whatsoever...once came away from Heathrow and found myself heading towards somewhereorother totally in the wrong direction.
Met a woman year's later who'd done exactly the same thing so felt much better.
I'm living proof that going wrong is far more likely in a grid system like New York where you can't tell yer arse from yer elbow
That's funny because I thought we women only let men think we cannot read the map because we cannot be arsed to do it ourselves.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Surely it's like comparing Beethoven to the Beatles Annie...
Both men and women have strengths and weaknesses, but we are different and those differences should be applauded and not put into competition....
So who is Beethoven in this analogy?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I can't park the arse off anyone male or female, reverse or forward - but I'm not sexist. I have seen plenty of men who park worse than me, but I try not to laugh when I see them.
I once had all the neighbours watching amused when I tried to reverse park my first car half a metre from the pavement and then on the pavement.

But of course I persevered and I am very skilled at getting into even the tightest space.

Men are more confident drivers because of social conditioning that makes women doubt themselves over everything. Believing in yourself is halfway to achieving anything.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So who is Beethoven in this analogy?
Yes i wondered that too Annie!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:21 AM

Men are more confident drivers because of social conditioning that makes women doubt themselves over everything. Believing in yourself is halfway to achieving anything.
That's absolutely spot on!
I've always believed in myself in a "2 big brothers" world!
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
That's absolutely spot on!
I've always believed in myself in a "2 big brothers" world!
ITS A MANS WORLD ... went the song and for thousands of years it was , in a Muslim world it very much still is but in the west equality has changed things and women today can do anything a man can !!!!!

Mostly because man put parking sensors on her car bumper !
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2019, 11:33 AM

I once had all the neighbours watching amused when I tried to reverse park my first car half a metre from the pavement and then on the pavement.

But of course I persevered and I am very skilled at getting into even the tightest space.

I agree with that. There is more pressure on women to park correctly - in general at least. There are some that just should not be on the road.

Two days ago: A woman pulled up to park outside my house. She had stopped in completely the wrong position and there was no way she was going to reverse in. I watched her go backwards and forwards five times and end up in the same spot. Eventually, she looked like she was going to make a three point turn (which isn't good seeing the road is one way) she ended up at almost 90deg, slapped it in reverse, mounted the pavement and was millimeters away from hitting the house next door. It then took her a couple of minutes to compose herself and drive off like a rocket.

It was shocking to watch and if someone had been walking by, they would be dead or seriously injured. I felt like going out and taking her car keys away from her.

Scary.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top