Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:49 AM

Re: Apologies.....

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
No worries OGF. I've been married for 59 years so i'm well used to being ignored.
I'm just coming up to fifty years next year and I know exactly what you mean EZ.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Go on - admit it - you were snoozing!
It wouldn't be the first time I'd missed something important because I was asleep Tabby......I spent most of my time at school snoozing.....That's why I don't know stuff now...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
My email notifications have been a bit hit and miss lately, Foxy. It's a proper pain having to manually check for replies to posts.
Tell me about it Harbal.....

I missed the post where you said that you would pay me back the fiver that you owed me....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Tell me about it Harbal.....

I missed the post where you said that you would pay me back the fiver that you owed me....
We all missed the post where you said you were going to open your wallet and take the fiver out. For a Yorkshireman, that would have been a major event, like the opening of an Egyptian Tomb.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've never had any email notifications. Don't think I'd want any really clogging up my inbox!!

I know where I've posted so not hard to find new activities on such the threads.

If I forget where I've posted I go to my own profile & it tells me my recent posts.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm same as you, Carol.

I wouldn't want constant emails just to tell me someone has posted anyway.
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Same here. Tend to have a quick scour at the emboldened threads as my first port of call, so don't really need emails.
My email box isn't used for anything else because nobody sends me emails, so I just get notifications and delivery receipts from the two places every year that I order stuff off the net from. It would be even less than that if they had a shop...

So 'Clogging' isn't going to be a problem....
I do respond to lots of topics though, and to check them manually would take me an age....Be like painting the Forth Road Bridge..I'd be on here all day!.
So the first thing I do when I switch on my computer is to check my emails...
I'd be lost without that method.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
We all missed the post where you said you were going to open your wallet and take the fiver out. For a Yorkshireman, that would have been a major event, like the opening of an Egyptian Tomb.
Now just hold on a minute Dex, Harbal is a Yorkshireman, and he gets away with murder.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:09 PM

My email box isn't used for anything else because nobody sends me emails, so I just get notifications and delivery receipts from the two places every year that I order stuff off the net from. It would be even less than that if they had a shop...

So 'Clogging' isn't going to be a problem....
I do respond to lots of topics though, and to check them manually would take me an age....Be like painting the Forth Road Bridge..I'd be on here all day!.
So the first thing I do when I switch on my computer is to check my emails...
I'd be lost without that method.....
Bob, all your posts can be found in your Profile under "Find all posts by Old Grey Fox".
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're not the only one. I don't have email notifications turned on but I am not getting any new subscriptions noted in the search > your subscriptions nor is the little ticked box appearing for subscribed thread in the New Posts thing.

Also Control Panel no longer works as it should - that is my preferred method of finding if there are new posts in my subscribed threads and is now always empty.

I have written a message about this in the contact staff section so hopefully normal service will be resumed as soon as possible
I'm the same Bruce, lots of topics I was subscribed to have been wiped out, even though they still appear in my subscribed threads list in 'Control Panel' I checked in the control panel and my tick box had been cancelled, so I've got to start all over again....
Did you find out any further information what has gone wrong Bruce?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2021, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, all your posts can be found in your Profile under "Find all posts by Old Grey Fox".
Thanks Mags, I have been using that method but it sure takes time.....I don't think I'm going to live that long....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 12:13 PM

Thanks Mags, I have been using that method but it sure takes time.....I don't think I'm going to live that long....
Oh dear .... hang on in there Bob!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top